Resin Bf-109G-6 Cockpits out there?

The 1/32nd Revell G-6/14 kit has been out for a while now, haven't seen any resin cockpit sets released for it. Just curious if there are any decent resin bits out there? I was really hoping that Barracudacals would release something for the Revell G-6, similar in quality to their excellent P-51 cockpit set.

Any recommendations?

Didn't Aires just release a pit for the new Revell kit?

Thanks Dave. I'll check it out. I would be curious if anyone has used this since I've heard many comments about Aires products being highly detailed but a bear to install.

Regards,

John

Also there is a cockpit set from Eduard

Not cheap and I can't comment on quality but it looks good to me.

Wow... Definitely not cheap!

That Aries kit looks pretty nice, I won't be starting my G-6 build for a month or so, hopefully LSP or some other site will have a review up by then. Hard to get a complete feel for the kit based on a single small picture on Aries' website.

Hi,

MDC in the UK have G6 cockpit sets. Primarily for the Hasegawa kit but it shouldn't be too much of a leap? Available at their websites and from Ultracast in Canada.

Regards,

Kent

Edited by Kahunaminor
  • 2 months later...

Wow... Definitely not cheap!

That Aries kit looks pretty nice, I won't be starting my G-6 build for a month or so, hopefully LSP or some other site will have a review up by then. Hard to get a complete feel for the kit based on a single small picture on Aries' website.

If anyone's interested, here is a review of the new Aries G-6 cockpit:

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/2241-132-messerschmitt-bf-109g-6-cockpit-set/

Looks pretty impressive. I've been holding off purchasing because as mentioned above, I thought I caught a rumor somewhere that Barracudacals might be doing a resin cockpit set. If so, it would probably have been a hands down winner, both on quality and pricing.

Given that the Revell kit has been out for well over a year, I'm guessing that this was nothing more than a rumor :(/>

I'll report back on how well the Aries cockpit works out.

Edited by 11bee

The dimensions of the Revell kit and the Hasegawa kits are so close, any cockpit designed for Hasegawa can pretty easily be made to fit the Revell kit.

I thought the construction of the Revell kit had some significant differences than the Hase one. Wasn't sure if resin cockpits designed for the older Hase kit would necessarily fit.

A little modeling skill...

There was a day when I would have scratchbuilt the entire cockpit and it would have looked pretty darned nice.

Time is at a premium nowadays, I'm fine with some minor tweaks to get the resin stuff to fit but don't want this to be a major undertaking.

Also there is a cockpit set from Eduard

Not cheap and I can't comment on quality but it looks good to me.

I did a review of the Eduard set a couple of months back:

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/1990-eduard-brassin-cockpit-for-revell-132-bf-109g-6/

The quality is very good but it is a little pricey.