What happens if a Tomcat and a Tweet had a baby?

dunno where you see any traces of Tomcat in this fugly bird - rear end more looks like a bash of Hornet and Raptor

I don't see that either ..,

Engine spacing is like F-14/Su-27/MiG-29 ...

-Gregg

That is one monketdance4.gif ugly aircraft. First flight should be to the boneyard. whistle.gif

Tom

Totally agree!

a Combat Aircraft magazine state that this little Fugly aircraft is for "intelligence-gathering, reconnaissance and surveillance... with limited strike capability"

...to me, those are all mission that will be best fulfill with a drone rather than that plane...

it more looks like a bad attempt to offer a 100% American contender for the upcoming T-X competition, ...as Lookheed and KA will push for the T-50, ...Northrop/Grumman and BAE will come with an Hawk, ...General Dynamics will put forward a Alenia Aermacci M-346 master....and Boeing may join Saab to offer a Gripen...

Edited by mingwin

While I admit it it's pretty ugly, I'm impressed wth it. Clean sheet design that flew roughly 24 months after design started. It's target audience is the coast guard and foreign markets that can't afford something like the F-35, this being claimed to roughly $3,000/hr to maintain.

I really hope the entire project is a success. Designed by a Cessna subsidiary, the prototype was built and first flight was here in Wichita. It would be a great boost for the economy. I realize there are many points between and lots of what ifs between prototype flight and production, there's always a chance right?

David

I don't see that either ..,

Engine spacing is like F-14/Su-27/MiG-29 ...

-Gregg

I finally got to view it. You mentioned the engine spacing is like an F-14/Su-27/MiG-29 but you also stated you don't see the Tomcat resemblance

I finally got to view it. You mentioned the engine spacing is like an F-14/Su-27/MiG-29 but you also stated you don't see the Tomcat resemblance

Note I quoted another poster that stated it looked more like a Hornet and Raptor, I was stating I didn't see that resemblance ... :salute:

-Gregg