Trumpeter New tools 1/48 F-106 Testshots

Is that actual plastic or is it resin model test?

Also, a small request: Not sure if it is just on my end, but pictures takes very long time to upload since they are hosted on Chinese site. Would it be possible to post them on tinypic/photobucket/imageshack from now on? :cheers:

Also, a small request: Not sure if it is just on my end, but pictures takes very long time to upload since they are hosted on Chinese site.

The photo host is blocked at work (oops, maybe I should be looking at models).

Regards,

Cool! so, with AMK also having plans for a 1/48 F-106 we will finally have *Choice* at last! ...can't wait to see the plastic... (and prices... to see what i'll do with my 3 monogram kits...)

but, for me, it will be only F-106A... not B...

I t looks like 3-D printing to me. Much cheaper and quicker to make prototypes this way before dropping the $$ on metal moulds.

Sean

I see no signs of it being 3D model. There is plenty of times trumpeter have shown resin test models before doing actual plastic. When Su-24 was first announced, a resin model was shown. Su-17, bucc, jaguar, MiG-27 and J-15 were all resin too. It is possible that the master for the resin model is 3D printed, but the actual resin test model is well... resin.

I see no signs of it being 3D model. There is plenty of times trumpeter have shown resin test models before doing actual plastic. When Su-24 was first announced, a resin model was shown. Su-17, bucc, jaguar, MiG-27 and J-15 were all resin too. It is possible that the master for the resin model is 3D printed, but the actual resin test model is well... resin.

Hmm. I wasn't aware Trumpeter did that. Seems like a lot of work when the 3-D model should be enough. Learn something everyday I guess!!

Sean

I am knee deep into the C&H conversion. So far I'm not happy with my abilities with the conversion. Maybe I should put it away and see what this kit is all about. Looks nice so far. Love the family models...waiting on the Kittyhawk Jaguar two seater, this kit now, and hoping someone comes up with a 48th scale TAV-8B someday.

David

Wow...a "B" model at that! Very nice.

Even in prototype form it looks pretty nice.

Just last week I almost pulled the trigger on a C&H conversion too!

The F-106B dual is very welcome indeed. I was thinking too about buying the F-106B C&H conversion kit, but instead will wait till this kit hits the streets. Does anybody know if C & H Aero Miniatures is still producing conversion kits? I'm looking for the TF-104 1:32 conversion kit.

The weapons bay and doors are really different on the "B", due to movemment of some avionics boxes to that area. I guess I never paid much attention to that difference when we had the "Six" at the CA Air Guard in Fresno.

I sure hope we get new-tool kits of both the "A" and "B" models; I'm in, for sure.

The weapons bay and doors are really different on the "B", due to movemment of some avionics boxes to that area. I guess I never paid much attention to that difference when we had the "Six" at the CA Air Guard in Fresno.

I sure hope we get new-tool kits of both the "A" and "B" models; I'm in, for sure.

Whoa Sweet-I got to see a '6 moving treetop until it went Vertical right there in town on our way to Grandmas in Clovis around 1982 (?). Best demo from a '6 I ever saw. Got State flag decals waiting, glad I got more than one set since this two holer will debut. Might have to move my C & H as well. Was going to have to choose CANG over Edwards Bone Chase for two hole, now both can be done-Awesome! :thumbsup: Edited by phasephantomphixer