Trumpeter New tools 1/48 F-106 Testshots

I have one in the stash. Just have not put it under the microscope yet.

A microscope isn't necessary. Let's just say, don't throw out your Monogram kits. Although you can use the Trumpeter kit for the early speed brake and Sidewinder missiles & pylons. :D

Ben

Can't be as bad as the KH Mig 25.

Really? We're talking about Trumpeter here. It's *entirely* possible that it's as bad or worse. My bet is that they simply copied the shapes of the Monogram kit.

Really? We're talking about Trumpeter here. It's *entirely* possible that it's as bad or worse. My bet is that they simply copied the shapes of the Monogram kit.

Would that be a negative? From all I have heard, the Monogram kit is pretty decent, minus the raised panel lines.

Sure hope they don't botch this one, I've been waiting a long time (should clarify that I only want the single-seater so I'll be waiting even longer than the rest of you).

Welcome back Jennings.

Edited by 11bee

Yes sorry about that. I was just listing all of the parts you can use from their F-100 kits to add to the much better Monogram Hun. You can probably find more of my mindless rantings about the Trump Huns if you search F-100 along with my name. :-) And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Ben

I am sure it is a copy of the Monogram kit--big savings on research. They prob. built up a C& H covnerison with a Mongram to get the master-_we can only hope.

The F-106 served with the USAF Air Defense Command (ADC), Tactical Air Command (TAC), and Air National Guard (ANG). As far as I know and I was up in one as a kid--Dad sneaked me in one back in the day when you could do such things-early 70's USAF. I think they only had the AIR-2A Genie air to-air nuclear tipped rocket & AIM-4 Falcon air-to-air missiles? The cannon wen on later during "Project six-Shooter" around 1972. They deleted the Geniies but allowed fro FAlcons and Cannon mounting--Probably from all the backlash in Nam and to make all aircraft Air-to Air capable-vis-a-vis Dogfighting!

Just a quick history off the top of my head. I am looking forward to this one. Looks like all we need now to copelte the Century series is a new tool F-102!?!?! I built all the Monograms 1/48 Centuries ina series of aricles fro SAMi from 1999-2002..Theya re nice builds but do require some work >

Here is my Hobbypoopoo -Mongram Hybrid F-105D:

Steve

DSCN2405_zpsfe07632e.jpg

DSCN2416_zps81a4a939.jpg

DSCN2397_zps81968863.jpg

...True but if you look at Hobbybosses track record and what they have released...There best kits are copies of other kits: FJ-4B F3H etc... so I am thinking this maybe the same thing--of course this is wishful thinking of course

I could of course be wrong but it is determined by the companies past actions.

Lets hope it is correct and ready to go.

Steve

I am sure it is a copy of the Monogram kit--big savings on research.

Based on? I am not aware of trumpeter ever copying, other than the zacto parts. Well, and the really really early trumpeter where they copied acad's Su-27.

I have both Hobbyboss FJ-4B and the Grand Phoenix right here sand the parts are very compatible. All the resin fits in the kit with very little or none retrofitting. The fuselage and wing parts are pretty close in outline.

The Demon was the same way. It was discussed a few times on HS, Britmodeler and ARC so I don't think this is news to anyone? I like and build Hobbyboss kits so I don't think this is a bad thing if they are copying a good source and most of the R-M kits are pretty good just need some tweaking with fit and panel lines. ESp. sicne theya don't seems to be working from a 3-D CAD model so it is just a guess of course . It sia guess I would like to be true since then the F-106 would be reptt accurate in outline and with nice new tolling it would be a very nice kit?

Steve

I know Hobbyboss and Trumpeter are dif. companies but don't they share molding tech. and stuff? The companies in same industrial park??

This thread seems to clarify the relationship between Trumpeter and Hobbyboss??

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1309959154/Trumpeter+and+HobbyBoss's+relationship....

Steve