Orange Hobby new 1/72 F-35C testshots

Development of 72 F-35 series, the proportion of manufacturers finally scrape together at least mahjong table(Orange Hobby,Hasegawa,Italerli,Academy), country and love stick noodles type A upcoming occasion, the process is the one who did not think of C, have developed 72 scale resin version of X-47B's Orange Hobby the launch of the company's first aircraft class injection parts F-35C; Initial release of the kit includes not only an aircraft, but also includes a deck trailers..... I am not responsible for the evaluation panels, just give us a fresh look.

Translate responsible: google

5340255920131219214151012.jpg

53402559201312192122111377737890393_008.jpg

53402559201312192122111377737890393_009.jpg

53402559201312192122111377737890393_007.jpg

53402559201312192122111377737890393_006.jpg

Detail on that seat look really good for an injection plastic one.

Looks like we got partial intakes.

But that RAM surface detail looks too exaggerated like the 1/48 Hasegawa F-22.

Also, are you including the canopy arch as a separate piece?

Edited by Inquisitor

I like the folded wings and the seat is top notch. Even with seatbelts!

The RAM panels are woah though. Realistically that's really probably the only way to mold them though so I understand.

Lol that translation.

Edited by Bigasshammm

I Lol-ed at the translation.

While 1/72 isn't my scale of choice and I have the Kittyhawk kits... this one looks like a fun little kit.

That seat though...dang that looks nice, and with PE belts included! :D

More manufacturers need to include relevant deck equipment with their stuff...

-AWan

Translate responsible: google

Yeah... and that's the problem. Lets say that some ARC members notice some areas that could be improved. What will remain of their comments after the English > Chinese translation ? Either there should be someone in Shangai who reads English, either some ARC members who write Chinese should help doing the translation.

Edited by Laurent

Yeah... and that's the problem. Lets say that some ARC members notice some areas that could be improved. What will remain of their comments after the English > Chinese translation ? Either there should be someone in Shangai who reads English, either some ARC members who write Chinese should help doing the translation.

Hey now, don't be such a love stick noodle! :thumbsup:

Good to see another manufacturer paying attention to 1/72.

However, the surface details make it look like a toy. I am sorry to tell you but, as much as I wanted a "C" variant, I will not buy this kit.

Best wishes,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom

Separate outer wing panels. . Groan! How I loathe separate outer wing panels. Mould in one to maintain flatness and integrity, let us cut along a hinge line if we want to ruin the lines by folding the wings.

Have you ever tried to cut and fold a set of wings? It is a PITA as you have to rebuild and shape the edges, and come up with some representation of a hinge mechanism, or simply do without.

It is a Navy jet. The only proper way to display it is with the wings folded. ALL models of shipboard aircraft should be engineered this way, because that is how they look when they are parked.

If you want to maintain flatness and integrity, build an "A"

Aside from that, I will go one further. Most of the modern jets droop their flaps and ailerons after hydraulic pressure drops. I say engineer the kits with that feature also, That doesn't do much for your lines, does it? I want a model that realistically depicts a real machine sitting on the ramp. not one that looks like a featureless toy. I bet you build with the canopy down as well. ?????

On the other hand, the RAM joints on this test shot look atrocious and would be enough to keep me from buying it.

PS. I am just ribbing you here. We all build the way that suits us and manufacturers can't please everyone.

Edited by DutyCat
Most of the modern jets droop their flaps and ailerons after hydraulic pressure drops.

For most, yes. However, for the F-35 the control surfaces are actuated by electric motors, not hydraulics.

Edited by habu2

I bet you build with the canopy down as well. ?????

On the other hand, the RAM joints on this test shot look atrocious and would be enough to keep me from buying it.

PS. I am just ribbing you here. We all build the way that suits us and manufacturers can't please everyone.

What's wrong with building it canopy down? It's not like they sit there on the ramp all day with the canopy open. What if it starts to rain?

They need to quit trying to mold in the ram tape and just make decals for it.

Firstly I say it's a good model - or the basis of one.

Then I'll say the RAM panels moulded in the plastic are terrible - just as horrible as the Hasegawa ones on their F-22.

Totally unrealistic.

Having said that I've never been close enough to touch a RAM panelled aircraft, so I rely on hi-vis photos for my impressions.

Given that, if the RAM panels are indeed standing proud of the airframe skin, then thinner, self-adhesive vinyl will be better than

moulding technology will allow. If they're not even that proud, the vinyl could provide paint masks.

Or use decals, which assists the casual buyer.

Bur jets covered in thick, zig-zaggy, armour plate style panels ain't gonna fly.

Separate outer wing panels. . Groan! How I loathe separate outer wing panels. Mould in one to maintain flatness and integrity, let us cut along a hinge line if we want to ruin the lines by folding the wings.

You can't do that with the F-35C. The joint is actually a complicated affair with a panel popping out on top and visible details on the joint insides.

You can't do that with the F-35C. The joint is actually a complicated affair with a panel popping out on top and visible details on the joint insides.

The Hornet is the same and Hasegawa managed it.

It's a personal things I hate separate folding outer wing panels, unless they fit with the precision of the ones in Tamiya's 1/48th F4U kit they always look clumsy without days of sanding and describing if you want to pose them down. And so far I've found only one model where they fit as well as Tamiya's 1/48th F4U. . . and that's Tamiya's 32nd F4U! I'm even fairly averse to separate outer panels on F-4 kits, but at least theres a distinct angular change there to hide any alignment issues!

Not that it matters in tis instance, because as much as the F-35C is the one I really wanted, the surface detail on that shot makes me want to run away screaming.

Edited by Dmanton300

What's wrong with building it canopy down? It's not like they sit there on the ramp all day with the canopy open. What if it starts to rain?

They need to quit trying to mold in the ram tape and just make decals for it.

Nothing. We each have our preferences. My preference is to show off as many features of the aircraft as possible without showing it in an unlikely configuration. So....always canopy up so you can see the ejection seat and cockpit. Wings folded on Navy jets. A cross section of weapons fitted.

Agree on the RAM tape. Decals are the best way, especially considering the color difference.

It amazes me that these companies don't seem to bring in actual modelers during the development phase of a new kit. So many mistakes could be avoided.

For most, yes. However, for the F-35 the control surfaces are actuated by electric motors, not hydraulics.

I was not specifically talking about the F-35 there, just in general. However, now that you have mentioned it, do the F-35 control surfaces droop or stay in the neutral position when the aircraft powers down?

It would be nice to see the manufacturers include the new weapons that the aircraft are slated to carry in their kits beyond the obligatory JDAM and AMRAAM. Would like to see the JASSM and both SDB I and SDB II. I'm sure others would like to see the NSM and Brimstone.

So are they releasing a X-47B?

Mark S.

Edited by Mark S.

do the F-35 control surfaces droop or stay in the neutral position when the aircraft powers down?

There would appear to be droopage.

120921-F-ZZ999-003.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

1280px-F-35_AA-1_on_display_at_Eglin.jpg

f35c_f18_blastdeflector_20110823.jpg

sdd_misc_043.jpg

IDK if that's actual droopage, of it that's just where the control surfaces were then the system was powered down.

IDK if that's actual droopage, of it that's just where the control surfaces were then the system was powered down.

I don't know if they droop but I doubt it based on how the F-16's LEFs operate. I think someone who actually knows will have to answer this, photos can't.

The F-16's leading edge flaps are driven by a hydraulic power drive unit.

it takes the hydraulic force converts it to a rotational force, that it supplied through a series of shafts that drive the flaps via rotary actuators.

if the flaps vary by iirc three degrees then a pair of asymmetry brakes will lock the leading edge flaps in their current position, this was fun replacing and testing them...

Even electro mechanical servo actuators won't stop the force of gravity when all powers removed.

yeah that ram is ghastly...

William G

Didn't they just rebox the Platz 1/72 X-47B? I built it under the Platz label, but that was an injection molded kit. Actually pretty nice overall.

Platz was injection plastic.

Orange Hobby was resin.

One build in the arc galleries

http://www.arcair.com/Gal13/12501-12600/gal12538-X-47B-Yuen/00.shtm

One reivew of the kit.

http://kitmaniac.com/site/?p=1414