Super Hornet RBF placement

I have this nearly finished VFA-41 Super Bug sitting on my desk and only need to do some small things and I can call it finished, but I need some help regarding the RBF placement. The plane will have 2x AIM-9, 1x AIM-120, 2x Tanks and 2x LGB-16 when finished. Where do I have to place RBFs for a plane ready to be boarded?

DSCN4085.JPG

Ok, well, if the plane is prep'd for launch, the landing gear and seat pins are in a bag that hangs on the support for the boarding ladder, so the pilot can see and count the pins, there would be a pin for the nose gear, one for each main, the tail hook pin, two wing fold pins, a pin for the seat and the pin for the canopy Jett handle. It looks like you are using 9M, so in the middle of the LAU-127, there is an L shaped pin with the RBF tag hanging off. The 120's have a small key like thing towards the center that have the tag. The GBU's have a foam ring that keeps the head from swinging around that has a tag on it. Hope this helps.

Bill

G'day,

The heaters have a couple of safety devices used when live one are fitted. The AOTD(prox fuse) usually has a red cover wrapped around the windows as well as a detent wrench safety pin (similar to the one that Bill mentioned wrt the AIM-120)installed through the launcher rail. Both of these would have a RBF tag.

Take a look here:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/gbu-16.htm

The GBU-16 actually has three RBF streamers when loaded. The foam disc behind the seeker head as Bill mentioned, but additionally, there is a streamer attached to the thermal battery activation lanyard, the tail fin actuating lever and one of the pop out tail fins in the MXU-667 Aerofoil Group will also be pinned

Take a look here:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/gbu-16.htm

As Bill already mentioned, a jet that aircrew are ready to step to will have the aircraft pins removed (although the pins will still be fitted to ejection seats and the canopy jettison system)however, the gun and ECM safing switches would still be extended until the crew strap into the jet,

cheers

Pappy