StarFish Group Build Proposal

StarFish Group Build  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do Starfighters or Fishbeds get you going!

• I run while carrying pointy objects! Sign me up!
    • You're gonna put your eye out with that! Forget it!
    • I can be seduced! I'll think about it!

Mr Benolkin must be following this -Cybermodeler Online has a new walkaround each for the Starfighter and Fishbed yesterday and today. Merci beaucoup!

Good timing I hope, still waiting to see what time slot the mods will put this one in.

Edited by bashace

Your PM inbox is full Ron, so I'll just do it this way. It's a go, starting September 1! Get your BedFighter and StarFish kits ready.

Thats great news Pete! Thanks!

V/r

Ron

Now that we're on the schedule, I sent out sponsorship requests to some of the big dogs in the F-104 and Mig-21 business. looking for any Starfighter/Fishbed related items from sponsors to use as raffle prizes, send me a PM if interested.

V/r

Ron

• 4 weeks later...

Less than one month for the StarFish GB kick-off, start dusting them kits off! Cockpits and stores can be completed prior to start date. Monthly raffle system similar to the Phantom Addicts Anonymous GB, most active build related thread and 1 active random will win a $50 Gift Certificates to my favorite hobby supplier each month! The end of build prizes are still in the works, but I guarantee they won't disappoint!

V/r

Ron

All good, Sir -many thanks for presiding over this funfest. It promises to be most diverse and entertaining!

My beloved F-100 project is on hold (awaiting SH's funky new exhausts); two Hornets are stalled (lacking the will to butcher more crew figures) and a WHIF Typhoon is being pawed at half-heartedly every few weeks. So a slender, shapely Starfighter with just an a/m cockpit to struggle with should be a welcome diversion. (It was gonna be an Eduard MiG, but that would take me forever... :bandhead2:)

Edited by ChippyWho
  • 3 weeks later...

2 hours to lunch! :yahoo:/>

I don't like it, Carruthers -it's too quiet! This thread should be ablaze with pre-GB bravado by now: the natives must be planning something... :scared0016:/>

It's gonna be a sleeper thread, there's been allot of good GB's this year and everyone is trying to recharge from all the exciting builds. It will start peaking more interest when I start posting raffle prizes.

V/r

Ron

2 hours to lunch! :yahoo:/>

I don't like it, Carruthers -it's too quiet! This thread should be ablaze with pre-GB bravado by now: the natives must be planning something... :scared0016:/>

not to bust your bubble but I think you mwan 6 days....

It's gonna be a sleeper thread, there's been allot of good GB's this year and everyone is trying to recharge from all the exciting builds. It will start peaking more interest when I start posting raffle prizes.

V/r

Ron

I'm sure you are right. Anyhow, I do better in a smaller group -crowds scare me!

not to bust your bubble but I think you mwan 6 days....

Not really. It was just after 11.00 local, and I usually grab a sandwich around 13.00. If I had to wait 6 days for lunch, I'd be thin enough to hide behind my own knees.

Was wondering what the StarFish build was...super stoked!

My Italeri 1/32 Starfighter should be here any day and this GB will be a perfect excuse to not let it languish in the stash.

Did you get the recent "C" release or the first "G" model?

V/r

Ron