POLLY SCALE PAINT COLORS ARE BACK..

I recently found this listing for the NEW Model Master Acrylic (Polly Scale) paint.

New Model Master Acrylic Formulations

Color matched to Polly Scale Acrylic colors

704-mmbottle.gif

Item # Description

4873 REEFER WHITE FLAT .5OZ

4874 AGED WHITE FLAT .5OZ

4875 AGED CONCRETE FLAT .5OZ

4876 CONCRETE FLAT .5OZ

4877 EARTH FLAT .5OZ

4878 DEPOT BUFF FLAT .5OZ

4879 REEFER YELLOW FLAT .5OZ

4880 CABOOSE RED FLAT .5OZ

4881 BOXCAR RED FLAT .5OZ

4882 OXIDE RED FLAT .5OZ

4883 SIGNAL GREEN FLAT .5OZ

4884 ROOF BROWN FLAT .5OZ

4885 RAILROAD TIE BROWN FLAT .5OZ

4886 REEFER GRAY FLAT .5OZ

4887 GRIMY BLACK FLAT .5OZ

4888 ENGINE BLACK FLAT .5OZ

$3.89/ .5oz bottle

Also here:

Squadron - Testors/MM acrylic paints (Polly Scale colors)

Now, these paints are NOT the same as MM Acryl brand. (Different product numbers) This seems to be a new line of Acrylic paints based on the Polly Scale line. I think they are the railroad colors?

I wonder if anyone here has tried them yet. I may pick up a reefer white to try it out.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

If they stick to styrene like Polly Scale I will buy them.

If they don't stick to styrene like MM acryl I won't.

And it does say color matched to PS, not adhesion matched. I have a bad feeling. I seriously doubt if they discontinued the PS RR and Military colors they would keep the vehicle system and just re-name it. It makes supply chain sense that it is the same system as the lousy acryl, just matched for shade.

We shall see...

Edited by volzj

And it does say color matched to PS, not adhesion matched. I have a bad feeling. I seriously doubt if they discontinued the PS RR and Military colors they would keep the vehicle system and just re-name it. It makes supply chain sense that it is the same system as the lousy acryl, just matched for shade.

We shall see...

X2

It is just new colors using the old paint formula

here is the MSDS, showing that it applies to # 4601 to 4885

the Polly Scale MSDS was different than the Model Master

(If the new colors up to 4885 were a different formula, the MSDS would HAVE to be different for them, it is the law)

hmm, it helps if I put that link in the post, haha, http://www.testors.com/media/document/MS.MMACRYL.091413.pdf

Edited by Rex

We shall see...

This. I refuse to use MM acrylics; they are the absolute worst paints I've ever used.

Regards,

Murph

I've found if you thin Acryl with Tamiya thinner, the stuff works and adheres just fine. Granted they aren't my first choice, but I've got a few in my stash. As for the PS colors themselves, as I understand it Testors was going to keep some of the Floquil shades around. But it is still only a tiny percentage of what once was and I am still ticked at the people that own Testors for doing that. Granted I'm not ticked enough to boycott as that is just silly. But they REALLY shot themselves in the foot over this whole thing.

As customers, you just need to write, en masse, and often, to the executives if you can hunt their contact information down. Keep it polite, keep it professional, mention the good points of Polly Scale, the bad points of the current Acryl formula, and keep it simple to get it through their heads.

As customers, you just need to write, en masse, and often, to the executives if you can hunt their contact information down. Keep it polite, keep it professional, mention the good points of Polly Scale, the bad points of the current Acryl formula, and keep it simple to get it through their heads.

No offense, but I don't think they give a rat. Several times I've tried asking them nicely to bring back the old Polly S Metalline, which were the absolute best metallic acrylics ever... but they always respond with some such garbage about how they were "unstable"... which is total B.S. All of the ones I've still got are as good as the day I bought them... WAY more stable than most other paints going! dry.gif

Like Rex said above, the new railroad colors are covered under the same MSDS as MM Acryl, so goes the saying "if it looks like a duck..."

Divide and conquer, that is all Testors is interested in. I'd walk by that stupid little rack, with the stupid automobile colors to buy Pactra,or Floquil, or

PollyS, Polly Scale, etc. They're all gone or live on in some other form under Testors' umbrella, and that stupid little rack is still there.

It's clearly not about what we want, it's about what they want and that's too bad.

Rant over....