Afterburner SR-71 decals

Hello all,

I would like to see if anyone has any of the SR-71 decals from either set released by Afterburner. I don't care which aircraft is depicted, just want some better looking ones for my Testors kit (1/48). Let me know how much you want for them or anything you are looking to trade for. I know this is like looking for a needle in a haystack but worth the shot. Thanks everyone.

Pat Green,

I wish you the best of luck. I've been hunting for a Part 1 sheet for about 6 months now. Brian at Fightertown Decals has said he has plans on releasing a sheet for the SR-71. Perhaps if we combine forces, we can persuade him to move it to the top of the "to do" list. :woot.gif: But if you can't wait (or can't find a ABD sheet) you can still order decals from FINE ART OF DECALS. About 3/4 of the way down the page, but they are $40.

Sincerely,

Dave

Pat & Dave,

Merry Christmas!

I've still got Afterburner's SR-71 Part 1 decal sheet (48-078) available.

It'll go for normal retail of USD20, but shipping from Malaysia will be on the high side.

PM me if interested.

Jason C.

F-4DableModels

Pat, Dave:

I'm a decal collector and I can tell you that Afterburner SR-71 decals are one of the most coveted decal sets. I have seen they go for as much as $120 on ebay.

Jason Cheah (j-basset) is being EXTREMELY friendly asking you just $20 per set. He is one of the most outstanding sellers on ARC. I have purchased several times from him (maybe 10 or more times) and he always pleases me. He packs decals which such care as if he was selling them to a museum. I have posted many positive feedbacks for him on the "Trusted seller Forum". Buy from him with confidence, he is a really nice guy and friend. You will be very pleased when your decals arrive.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas

Edited by #1 Tomcat Fan

Pat, Dave:

I'm a decal collector and I can tell you that Afterburner SR-71 decals are one of the most coveted decal sets. I have seem they go for as much as $120 on ebay.

Jason Cheah (j-basset) is being EXTREMELY friendly asking you just $20 per set. He is one of the most outstanding sellers on ARC. I have purchased several times from him (maybe 10 or more times) and he always pleases me. He packs decals which such care as if he was selling them to a museum. I have posted many positive feedbacks for him on the "Trusted seller Forum". Buy from him with confidence, he is a really nice guy and friend. You will be very pleased when your decals arrive.

By the way....I have also purchased all F-14 Tomcat & F/A-18 decals from Yellowhammer (Fine Art of Decals) and Dave Klaus is also a very trusted seller. He ships them quickly and good packed.

However, I cannot tell you if his SR-71 decals are accurate or not because I'm not an expert on this jet.

Good luck

O.K.; I guess there's a back story to it.

No not a "back story" more like a Saga, one that still draws accentuated, and very unprecedented ire from folks here, and other places as well. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I'd buy from Dave in a second.

Been buying from him without issue for many years including several purchases over the last months.

Very good quality decals i have 3 sets of each Afterburner set plus the Meteor ones and if you dont want to pay for the AB sets grab the Meteor ones.

Decals are not to bad at all..

Pat, Dave:

I'm a decal collector and I can tell you that Afterburner SR-71 decals are one of the most coveted decal sets. I have seen they go for as much as $120 on ebay.

I've bought rare hard to find decals from him too, he can e trusted, top notch guy!