Australian Canberra B.20 Vietnam War

According to any review I've ever read, they both can be made into nice models but the Airfix kit has Classic Airframes easily beaten for ease of build. Most Classic Airframes kits are noted to be very challenging and labour intensive builds to get anything good out of them.

If my own experience with Classic Airframes kits is anything to go by, I've built their 1/48 Westland Whirlwind and partly built their 1/48 Northrop F-5A, you'll be getting a very questionable balance of value to price if you buy their stuff.

I spent more time cleaning up parts and dry fitting than actually cementing parts while building their Whirlwind and dimensionally it always looked a bit out but I could never put my finger on where.

The F-5 exasperated me totally. The plastic parts were sub par even by limited run standards, the resin parts were vague at best in their resemblance of the real components they represented and there were missing and inacurrate details on almost every part of the exterior, the wing tip fuel tanks were a complete caricature of the real items. Eventually, I just stuck it back in its box incomplete.

Those two experiences put me off Classic Airframes stuff entirely.

According to any review I've ever read, they both can be made into nice models but the Airfix kit has Classic Airframes easily beaten for ease of build. Most Classic Airframes kits are noted to be very challenging and labour intensive builds to get anything good out of them.

If my own experience with Classic Airframes kits is anything to go by, I've built their 1/48 Westland Whirlwind and partly built their 1/48 Northrop F-5A, you'll be getting a very questionable balance of value to price if you buy their stuff.

I spent more time cleaning up parts and dry fitting than actually cementing parts while building their Whirlwind and dimensionally it always looked a bit out but I could never put my finger on where.

The F-5 exasperated me totally. The plastic parts were sub par even by limited run standards, the resin parts were vague at best in their resemblance of the real components they represented and there were missing and inacurrate details on almost every part of the exterior, the wing tip fuel tanks were a complete caricature of the real items. Eventually, I just stuck it back in its box incomplete.

Those two experiences put me off Classic Airframes stuff entirely.

Thanks Vogle! :cheers:/>/> I'll choose CA Kit to go through this subject.

Edited by Knight of twin tail

That's right.

I wouldn't give CA kits another chance after my experiences with them.

I have already got one Airfix's. With my first look of Airfix's B-57G,and compare with CA's dry fitting problem,I will choose CA kit,maybe another CA B-57B's fuselage with Airfix's big nose. I do not like Airfix's pannel lines,also the Cockpit and undercarriage details. :D/>/>

Edited by Knight of twin tail