Bad boys official page

This is the official Bad boys (aggressors and adversaries) group build.

The mods are, Pete, Neo and myself (phantom).

The rules are.........Beginning on Jan 1- 2014 ending July 1 2014

Its a group build, have fun and build something.

That something is a aggressor adversary airframe of which there is some photographic evidence somewhere. The airframe must have been used against friendly forces in the training world. In other words , a BF-109 in German markings shooting up a Spitfire would NOT be part of this group build. However Jesters A-4 Skyhawk against Mavericks F-14 Tomcat WOULD be part of this group build. It might have been a movie but the airframes were painted for real for the REAL squadron.

So, build the colourful exotic marked Skyhawk. (not Mavericks Tomcat). The airframe you chose must have the colourful neat markings, NOT standard squadron markings.

Now, having said that.......... Special paint at the squadron level over the regular markings WOULD be good. Examples of this. Big red or blue ACM panels such as used on Canadian Voodoos of 416 squadron back in the 80s would be good.

Temporary poster paint mopped over the airframe, VF-31 and VF-24 did this with Tomcats in the 80s at Fallon for exercises. CF-104s of 417 squadron used to do this all the time for Maple flag exercises.

441 squadron Canadian Hornets received yellow and red bort numbers with a big maple leaf, or a orange disk for some Maple Flag exercises. These would be acceptable.

419 Squadron CF-5s WITH bort numbers are acceptable.

Permanent paint such as Topgun markings or USAF WA bad guy , or AK moo-cow markings, would be good.

Another type that is good. Have Donut airframes or the like. Mig -17 tested in the states WITH US markings DID train tactics so yes its good. German Mig-29s with the West German cross DID train at Maple flag and other exercises. However when they had the East German markings they were standard airframes and therefore not expectable for this GB.

Hopefully this logical but if you have questions ask here.

Standard GB rules apply. Ideally your kit should be unbuilt from the box. However if you show photo evidence that the kit you intend to use is barely started (no further then the cockpit) you should be good to go.

You need to have photo proof of your build, From start to finish a few shots to prove the build happened and then a couple shots of the finished product to qualify for a sponsors prize. In other words, start a thread in the group build page.

Only COMPLETED kits with photo proof will be considered for a sponsor prize. Any scale is accepted , but put some effort into it. A 1/350 scale that was finished in 3 minutes is not sporting.

Also, we have LOTS of great sponsors for this Group build. As of December 28 2013 the sponsors include Furball, Fightertown, Hi-decal, Steel Beach and RB productions. Please check out their web sites and buy some of their products to help with your bad guy choices.

I will add a What I intend to build page, for ........what you intend to build.

Edited by phantom

Would aircraft that participated in exercises like Best Focus (a recce exercise) or the NATO Tactical Air Meets (TAMs) that had some sort of special marking applied be eligible? Here's an example of one that I'm thinking of, an RF-4E from the German Air Force at the Best Focus '82: BESTFOCUS 82 RF-4E

Technically, yes. Those special markings are there. Small as they may be and available in decals form from Airdoc I believe.

The GB is geared more to the air to air side, But that would fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've never done one of these group builds before, but am interested in jumping in on this one. I'm thinking of doing a 72nd scale Hobbyboss EA-7L in VAQ-34 markings. Would that be considered an aggressor? If not, I'll join the AFV armada and build an F-5E or F. Also, I don't have any way of posting pics, so how to get around that? Thanks, Fred K.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question.

I have decals for the F-16 86-0269, showing the bird in the new Aggresor-outfit at Nellis. However, I would prefer to paint it in a sand/brown/green-camoflage. My research so far turned up pictures of 0269 in a sand/brown-outfit.

Would a be OK to make it a three-colored bird in sand/brown/green or do I automatically violate the rules of this GB in that moment?

HAJO

If you have a good idea of the real paint scheme using those decals use them. 269 has had MANY different paint schemes over the years. Those decals would no doubt work on most of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Lots of prizes up for completed models folks, check out my banner and the Bad Boys "official page" for prize run-down.

Check out the companies and check out their web sites. MOST OF ALL GO BUY SOME OF THEIR PRODUCTS>

Thanks again to our sponsors.

• 2 weeks later...