Bad boys finished builds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OCD? What´s that? (Ze dumb german asking here... ;) ).

My secret for building fast is to use smaller kits (1:72 vs. 1:48) and not to bother too much about details, washings and so on... Sometimes my models show that I´m more interested in finishing them then in building them.. ;) But with this Hornet I´m quite happy, it was both fast and nice!

HAJO

I outlined the pattern with thinned gun grey over the ghost and freehanded it, painting the gun grey then the coal black. Iwata HPC 30psi modelmaster paint . After applying future and the decals I oversprayed with my "fade" paint-Dullcote with some white in it to fade the paint. After that I went over some spots with the original paint to add splotches then top coated with straight Dullcote.

I outlined the pattern with thinned gun grey over the ghost and freehanded it, painting the gun grey then the coal black. Iwata HPC 30psi modelmaster paint . After applying future and the decals I oversprayed with my "fade" paint-Dullcote with some white in it to fade the paint. After that I went over some spots with the original paint to add splotches then top coated with straight Dullcote.

Thanks.

I will keep this in mind when I try to finish my adversaries.

Do you think that a gravity-fed airbrush such as yours can achieve a better result than a bottom-fed, especially when you're trying to achieve a very "sharp" freehand paint scheme?

Thanks.

I will keep this in mind when I try to finish my adversaries.

Do you think that a gravity-fed airbrush such as yours can achieve a better result than a bottom-fed, especially when you're trying to achieve a very "sharp" freehand paint scheme?

You're assuming my Iwata is gravity fed-it's a siphon feed. I'm fast and lazy though, I don't use a jar I just dip the tube into the paint and spray-then repeat when I run out. I wear an old button up shirt as a smock as I've learned that sometimes the paint may drip out of the tube-not often though, the vacuum of the air keeps the paint up.

• 3 weeks later...

YF-110 (MiG-21F) Fishbed, 4477th TES "Red Eagles", Tonopah Test Range, Nevada, circa 1980......

SS854408_zps6d86b0c7.jpg

SS854406_zps5a02e614.jpg

SS854405_zpsee57079e.jpg

SS854404_zpse34e796e.jpg

I used the Revell-Germany 1/72 scale MiG-21F kit with decals from the spares box and airframe stencils from the kit.

Good Morning-

Here is my submission:

1/48 Tamiya F-16C/N with Master Model Pitot and AOA, Fightertown Decals, Royal Resin Nose, and PJ Products Pilot (with kit Arm).

The base is from 3Wire with cheap frame from Michaels.

The landing lights, MFDs and HUD are lite with LEDs. The wires run down the MLG legs (disguised as brake lines) and into the base. The battery is in underneath the lid, that screws on and off.

IMG_1240_zpsd0324711.jpg

IMG_1241_zps27a2447d.jpg

IMG_1255_zps7223cfd2.jpg

WIP and more photos here

Thanks for looking