Bad boys finished builds.

Well I finally finished my first, and probably only, model for this group build. F-5F BuNo 160966 VFC-13 #32. This was my first build of the AFV F kit, and I'm pretty happy with it! Fred.

DSCN1316_zps73cdec73.jpg

DSCN1319_zpsc5a6650f.jpg

DSCN1318_zpsa8015112.jpg

DSCN1317_zps471de013.jpg

DSCN1316_zps73cdec73.jpg

DSCN1315_zps4e862be7.jpg

Well, I guess today is F-5F Saints day as I'm following Fred's beautiful creation. And just like him it may be my only submission. At 4.5 months into the group build I had hoped to have at least two completed by now. It too is the AFV kit. I used MM acryls, Alclad and FTD decals.

Note: It wasn't until I took these pics I realized I forgot (hate when that happens)to install the small frame between the front and rear seats. As soon as I noticed that I took care of it.

Bill

IMG_6985_zps10a743bc.jpg

IMG_6977_zpsd59d835d.jpg

IMG_6972_zps015870de.jpg

Well, I guess today is F-5F Saints day as I'm following Fred's beautiful creation. And just like him it may be my only submission. At 4.5 months into the group build I had hoped to have at least two completed by now. It too is the AFV kit. I used MM acryls, Alclad and FTD decals.

Note: It wasn't until I took these pics I realized I forgot (hate when that happens)to install the small frame between the front and rear seats. As soon as I noticed that I took care of it.

Bill

IMG_6985_zps10a743bc.jpg

IMG_6977_zpsd59d835d.jpg

IMG_6972_zps015870de.jpg

Awesome job Bill! I love those Saints F-5s..... subjects just don't get much cooler than them! Fred.

Awesome job Bill! I love those Saints F-5s..... subjects just don't get much cooler than them! Fred.

Thanks for the kind remarks, Fred. And I'll have to agree........their F-5s are pretty awesome.

I see on another thread that you have quite a few pics of them going back (I think you said) 15 years. Did you ever capture them when they flew Hornets?

Hello Bill, did I missed the WIP thread of your awesome Double seat Tiger II? The grey scheme looks the coolest on that bird, the blue one is not bad too, also sundowners livery is nice. But yours is my fave for a Navy -F now!!

(And I m curious about the colors you took for the paint job!)

Hello Bill, did I missed the WIP thread of your awesome Double seat Tiger II? The grey scheme looks the coolest on that bird, the blue one is not bad too, also sundowners livery is nice. But yours is my fave for a Navy -F now!!

(And I m curious about the colors you took for the paint job!)

Hello Tobi,

Thanks for the nice words. No, you didn't miss a WIP thread as I did not create or post one. As for the colors, they are FS36495, FS36375 and FS35237.

Bill

Bill, we need a WIP thread for the great model you finished to be included in the prize draw. It truly is a grand job, much better then I can do but a few photos during the build IS a requirement.

Thanks for the kind remarks, Fred. And I'll have to agree........their F-5s are pretty awesome.

I see on another thread that you have quite a few pics of them going back (I think you said) 15 years. Did you ever capture them when they flew Hornets?

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the Saints Hornets. I was pointing my camera at trains at the time, until I ended up driving trains for a living. Now I could care less about trains! Fred.

Here's my third entry in the Bad Boys GB, VMFT-401 Snipers F-5E

P1030048_zps6a8f7ce3.jpg

P1030047_zpsef2e7546.jpg

P1030045_zpsa16c85b7.jpg

A big thank you to B-ONE27 for the decals.

Mike

Awesome Mike! I did this same jet years ago using the Monogram kit (completely re-scribed w/ Black Box cockpit set), and am happy with it, but this scheme looks so much better on the AFV kit. Great work ;0) Fred.

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the Saints Hornets. I was pointing my camera at trains at the time, until I ended up driving trains for a living. Now I could care less about trains! Fred.

LOL, I can relate to a certain degree. There are so many great airframes and schemes I've seen over the years. Most of which were before I picked up a camera. Just thinking about it hurts.

And here is my final entry into the Bad Boy GB.

P1030054_zpsd97f3b11.jpg

P1030055_zpsa48c8bde.jpg

P1030057_zpsb3c92cd5.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed participating in this GB.

A big thank you to Phantom, Neo & Pete for suggesting the GB and moderating it!

Mike

And here is my final entry into the Bad Boy GB.

P1030054_zpsd97f3b11.jpg

P1030055_zpsa48c8bde.jpg

P1030057_zpsb3c92cd5.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed participating in this GB.

A big thank you to Phantom, Neo & Pete for suggesting the GB and moderating it!

Mike

Mike-

All of those builds are GEMS!!! Outstanding work Sir...and your most welcomed for the decals...you have done them the upmost justice!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like on the wooden deck of the old US Navy carriers! haha...OMG, Hajo!! You are so busy and fast building!

Well, maybe I should switch to 72 scale too not to be so slow?

;-)

But nevertheless, NOICEEE bad boys there!!