I'm In AND FINISHED!!!

• 1 month later...

Although I have no photos, I had the honour of presenting The Wheels to Mr. Smith this morning at his home. I had informed a mutual friend, Des Peters, of my build of The Wheels and made mention to him that I would like Mr. Smith to have it. Des called Mr. Smith and informed me that I was free to attend his residence to visit. I went this morning and presented 'The Wheels' to him with his wife also present. They were both very appreciate of the gesture. I'm glad they are able to enjoy the model and fondly recall days gone by. Their smiles made it all worth while.

Mike

Although I have no photos, I had the honour of presenting The Wheels to Mr. Smith this morning at his home. I had informed a mutual friend, Des Peters, of my build of The Wheels and made mention to him that I would like Mr. Smith to have it. Des called Mr. Smith and informed me that I was free to attend his residence to visit. I went this morning and presented 'The Wheels' to him with his wife also present. They were both very appreciate of the gesture. I'm glad they are able to enjoy the model and fondly recall days gone by. Their smiles made it all worth while.

Mike

Wonderful! This hobby is fun, but even more so when moments like this happen.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your feedback and comments.

The smile on Mr. Smith's face (and the welling up in his eyes) really puts everything into perspective. To see the emotions drawn by a simple gesture was very moving. Reactions like his make this hobby as rewarding as it gets, for me anyway.

Mike