RNZAF Corsair!

Just as I am waiting for some accurate roundels... My baby daughter was born! She is super cute and is taking up all my time (and I am loving it!)

I did manage to get a nice glosscoat on tonight. Decals will be this week and who knows, I might get this one done before the deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a few hard ones,that's for sure but overall she is doing very well. I'm off for a couple weeks to help CorsairLady. I think the thing I've noticed most is that there doesn't seem to be much consistency at this young age. Somedays she eats like a trucker and other days she'd rather sleep. Hard to figure one day to the next but we roll with it. She's awful cute though so we are keeping her!

Shes a girl, so don't try & figure. I had three boys & consider myself thrice blessed compared with the tales I get related by fathers of girls, still, I'd hate to think of a world without them. :D

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this is a very cool build! I can honestly say that I have never seen a NMF Corsair before. This has been educational on so many levels. Well done :thumbsup: !

Don.

So true - NMF on the Corsair would be rare given the environment it operated in. So I had to do this one! I am trying to find some time to get a flat coat on this to wrap it up. Between work and the little one, its not easy! Maybe this weekend.

No pic but the flat coat went on well. There is still a dull metallic sheen and the markings are flat. I was also able tp install the gear doors, gear, and the flaps. So its looking like the finish is right arund the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

That is too cool! I don't know if it is the fact you don't see them ever, but a NMF Corsair is an awesome looking airplane. You built a darn good looking one too. I'm certainly entertaining a WIF project because of this build, its very inspiring.

• 1 month later...