VNAF A-1H-Tamiya 1/48

Wow, superb work. I really like your work -- it's something I would love to emulate. Great photographs, too ( Too many talented peeps on board with great work ruined by really bad photographs..it's a shame).

Please fix your post. The images are not inline with your post.

• 1 month later...

Really nicely done. The detailing on the engine and engine area is outstanding, as well as the folding wings. Paint, decaling, & weathering all work together quite well. As for your diorama, it's simple, yet very effective.

Joel

A whip antenna can be made from sprue or some people that I know use discarded pet whiskers. As they occasionally fall out, they can be used on the model. They have a natural curve that usually works well.

One thinbg I'm curious about is the flat bar behind the main gear. I'm geting ready to do a couple A-1s and both the Monogram and Tamiya kit have that. I'm assumingthat it just retracts as the gear comes up but so far I haven't found anything on this. Of all the A.F. aircraft I have seen during my time, this is one of the few that I never got a chance to get a good look at.

Wonderful job! I'm envious. Dad worked on those in the Navy. Based on what he said about those Curtis radial engines, you may need a little more gunk on the ground below. He loved the airplane, but oh how he hated those Curtis engines!

Beautiful work! :salute: