Welcome, Rules of the Road, Sign up Area...

B) Welcome to the Bare It All Group Build B)

First, please keep your clothes on, the planes are naked not you! :P

Secondly, lets all thank Canuck Models for sponsoring this build with some wonderful decals as raffle prizes.

I want to thank everyone who is participating in the group build. This is my first time moderating a build so please bear with me and we should all have a good time. If you are participating in this group build, could you please list your ARC name and kit to be built in this thread I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be building a Tamiya P-51B as "Bonnie Bea".

The rules of this group build really are pretty simple:

1) Any kit counts (any scale, type, manufacturer, era)

2) The finish must be a natural metal finish. How you achieve that finish is up to you. Alclad, MM metalizers, foil, or any other technique is welcome.

3) This is a 6 month build starting January 1 and ending July 1.

4) Interiors may have been started before the group build, as the focus is the exterior of the model.

At the end of the 6 month period I will compile a list of completed builds and draw names to see who wins a set of decals. There are 3 sheets and therefore I'll draw 3 names.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Most importantly, have fun!

I hope to build a 1/72 B-17. Possibly my grandfathers plane from the 483rd with the help of a kit I'll be picking up from Tom G this weekend.

I also may do a McLaren formula 1 car. Either the MP4-25 or 27.

I've drastically slowed down in building though so se'll see what I can get to.

First off, let's thank falcon20driver for setting up and moderating this GB. :cheers:

I will be building a 1/48 scale Canadair Sabre. I haven't quite decided which kit I'll be using yet; Hasegawa or Academy but I'm leaning towards the Academy kit as I have yet to build one of their 48th scale Sabres. I'll be using Alclad II for the most part with Model Master enamels for primer coat as well as the interior, the anti glare panel and other sundry bits. Decals will be from Model Alliance for the aircraft flown by Squadron Leader Eric Smith of Navan, Ontario, when he was the CFI at CFS Chatham after he returned from Korea while an exchange pilot with the USAF. Also, this Sabre was the 1,000th Sabre built under license by Canadair at their plant at Cartierville, Quebec.

Good luck to all the participants. I look forward to seeing the builds.

Happy New Year everyone!

Mike

As a second bare subject, I will be building Revell's 1/144 Boeing 747 Shuttle Carrier NASA 905 with it's American Airlines stripes over natural metal. The Shuttle will have to wait until the NASA GB to get it's turn on the bench.

V/r

Ron

_3_zps1e5249b4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My contribution to this group bulid will be Academy P-51B Mustang of the 8th Air Force 352nd FG named Blue nose Bastards of Bodney. I will recreate the aircraft that was flown by Lt. Robert H. Powell Jr. in standard Nature Metal with Medium Blue nose and full D-Day markings. For this build Eagle Strike decal set IP7208 will be used.

IMG_3938_zps31fa1620.jpg

Primož

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just recently I found this GB. 2 weeks ago I had started to bulild Academy P-47D T-Bolt, Is it possible to participate ? it is in primer, wings and fuselage assebled ?

Yea, if you started it 2 weeks ago it'll be more than welcome. Post up your progress and lets see it!