CD48059 - B-58 Hustler

Kursad That is great news on the B-58 sheets. Any idea what the cost will be.Now we need to find accessories

New rear cockpits set,canopy hatches,intake engine faces.exhaust set.And landing gear set.I know some or most are available.Some are not.

How is the fit of the Aires B-58 exhaust set?

I certainly look forward to seeing the finished model(s).

The Hustler is right up there as being one of the most attractive (hot/sexy) aircraft to fly.

insert boast here - Although I'm an Aussie, I am a current member of the B-58 Hustler Association.

Kursad That is great news on the B-58 sheets. Any idea what the cost will be.Now we need to find accessories

New rear cockpits set,canopy hatches,intake engine faces.exhaust set.And landing gear set.I know some or most are available.Some are not.

How is the fit of the Aires B-58 exhaust set?

Don't forget Master's pitot tube.I read somewhere that Aires exhaust set doesn't fit right. Go for Lone star models sets.

Don't forget Master's pitot tube.I read somewhere that Aires exhaust set doesn't fit right. Go for Lone star models sets.

I have the Aires set and they seem to fit fine. I did a dry fit on mine. I have heard some bad remarks on the lone star set also.

I have the Aires set and they seem to fit fine. I did a dry fit on mine. I have heard some bad remarks on the lone star set also.

Aren't the Aires sets just their same ones for the phantom? And they don't have the engine inlets either.

Aren't the Aires sets just their same ones for the phantom? And they don't have the engine inlets either.

The Hustler nozzle is different than the Phantoms. Not having pics in front of me at this moment, my recollection is that the B-58's exhaust have a wider diameter along with more exhaust petals.

My Aires nozzles have a slightly smaller diameter than the engine opening, which makes it look a little weird. I may wrap a narrow square styrene ring around it it hide this a bit.

Fisher makes intake nacelles, which are fantastic. Elevons as well.

Hth,

Chris

Now that this sheet is a few days away, here is some more information. I will post profiles for all options this weekend.

A lot of research went into this sheet, and I am confident that the B-58 has not been covered at this level in decal form before. This 4-page decal sheet contains full stencilling (including variations seen on a few aircraft) and features the following options:

-B-58A 61-2068 "Deputy Dawg"

-B-58A 59-2447 "Rapid Rabbit"

-B-58A 60-1119 "City of Kokomo"

-B-58A 59-2451 "The Firefly"

-B-58A 59-2428 "Ben Hur"

-B-58A 58-1016 "Champion of Champions" (as marked for the Jimmy Stewart promotional film)

-B-58A 59-2430 (early Carswell AFB scheme with red chevron on tail)

-B-58A 58-1009 "Bonanza / El Toro de Moron"

-B-58A 59-2461 "Hoosier Hustler"

-B-58A 59-2458 "Star Raker" (Bendix Trophy Winner)

-B-58A 61-2053 2nd BW "winged 2" on tail

-B-58A 59-2435 "Shackbuster"

-B-58A 55-0660 Convair first flight scheme

-B-58A 55-0662 Convair later eval scheme

-TB-58 55-0662 XB-70 chase aircraft

-B-58A 55-0661 ARDC

-B-58A 55-0662 ARDC

-B-58A 55-0665 ARDC

-B-58A 59-2428 "Project Bullseye" SEA camouflage

cd48059a.jpgcd48059b.jpg

cd48059c.jpgcd48059d.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Crap Kursad, why do you do this to me? I only have one Monogram kit and my house is not big enough to hold much more. Ok well maybe one more Hustler.

So it looks like I should dump my old Fox One sheet some time soon. Your sheet is the only one to get now :thumbsup:/>

Edited by skyhawk174

Folks, the B-58 sheet will be delayed until April 10th or so. It looks like even Cartograf makes mistakes sometimes, and there was a small printing error on one of the sheets. They will print a small correction sheet and ship it to me as soon as possible. So I probably will not enable preorders until I get a shipping confirmation for the correction sheets. It will be worth the wait though, I will have only 300 of these.

That looks amazing...

In case I missed it, how many builds can one do with each sheet?

It looks even better up close - I will post some photos tonight.

There really is only one set of common stencilling and national insignia for the natural metal aircraft. Assuming one can always get these from the kit sheet, almost all of the options could be built with just one of these sheets.

It looks even better up close - I will post some photos tonight.

There really is only one set of common stencilling and national insignia for the natural metal aircraft. Assuming one can always get these from the kit sheet, almost all of the options could be built with just one of these sheets.

Roger that.

Just asking so I can consider how many to pick up initially...How much per set?

-Anthony

Some photos of the B-58 sheets. The 4 pages in this set provide markings for 19 options; with many aircraft that have not been done in decal form before.

b58promo1.jpg

The first page is where the unit badges and most of the more intricate, colorful markings are concentrated. The stripes at the two sides of the sheet are for the cheatlines on the first flight scheme.

b58promo2.jpg

..and yes, there really was a thin yellow border around the "B-58" in the eval scheme:

b58promo_sp1.jpg

Edited by KursadA

The second page has all the stencilling, as well as the red markings for the nacelles so you will not have to paint these. I designed them to fit the Monogram kit nacelles very well. The stencils S17 are for the Stanley ejection capsules: the rear two are not provided in the kit but I am sure some of you will use aftermarket resin cockpit sets to open these up.

b58promo3.jpg

b58promo4.jpg

The third page has the black markings, which include serials and data blocks as well as most of the individual plane names and nose art when applicable. There are also markings for several weapons/fuel pods for some of the options.

b58promo5.jpg

b58promo6.jpg

Edited by KursadA

You should print off extras of the stencil sheet and sell them separately so we can build bunches!

It's a good idea, but the sheet was not designed with this in mind. I started this sheet before I developed the Altimeter Decals concept, my new (yet to be announced) decal line for inexpensive accessory decal sheets. The stencil sheet would have been a good Altimeter product. Maybe next time.

As many of you might have noticed, I sent out the mass e-mail announcing this batch today - and the B-58 sheet was not in there. Since I do not have a firm delivery date for the correction sheets, the B-58 sheet would have to be delayed until mid-April. I just did not want to enable preorders before I know when I can start shipping these. Thanks for your patience, this sheet will be worth the wait!

The correction inserts are on the way, and I have a firm shipping date for the B-58 sheets: April 16.

I will enable preorders tonight.

My credit card is melting in my hand...I've gone to the website but it still appears that the pre-order function is not working for the B-58 decals...GOTTA HAVE 'EM!!!

Can I get an update? :woot.gif:

Edited by Brian Hahn

I will enable it within a couple of days. The shipping date now looks like the 20th and I did not feel comfortable taking preorders more than 10 days in advance, primarily because of the backlog this causes. I will post it here as soon as it is turned on.

Edited by KursadA

I just enabled preorders for this sheet. It will start shipping on April 20; and I have only 300 available.

I will not send the mass e-mail notification and start promoting it in various forums until mid next week; so here's a chance to get in early.

Caracal Models CD48059 - B-58 Hustler

Depending on the success of this sheet, I will try to do similarly extensive sheets for significant, classic types once every 3-4 months.

Thanks!

PS: The profiles below are only a sampling of what's on the sheet:

cd48059profiles.jpg

Edited by KursadA