CD48059 - B-58 Hustler

Well received mine here in Canada yesterday. As per normal great service from Kursad and a stunning sheet. I have several other Hustler decals but this is the one to use.

Now my biggest problem, which I am sure is also the same for others who have bought the sheet, is which scheme to use. I thought I was all set with my choice but seeing the various layouts it looks like there are at least 3 that I would like to do. Now I can probably say with some certainty that I would be hard pressed to build two of these 1/48 beasts so I have to make a decision. Maybe I should just stick with the Bendix Trophy scheme. Hmmm, that one with the mission markings sure looks great too.

Crap this is hard :(

I've received mine as well...don't even have the kit yet, but definitely knew that the sheets would be the driving force on this one.

You had asked for other future suggestions--how about a single set of sheets for 1/72 B-36s & B-47s (and/or early B-52s)? All suffer from old/rare/non-existent manufacturer and A/M decal sheets and you could serve several different crowds with a single offering. Just a thought...

• 2 weeks later...

I see it is #3 on the Hannants top selling items list now. We're now down to last 20 or so sheets - too bad it will sell out before a single magazine review will be published. I will check if I can scrounge a few more from Cartograf, but a reprint is not likely before at least a couple years.

You know Kursad you must have a crystal ball on what decals to release. Who would have thought that a decal for a 25 year old kit would sell out? :thumbsup: Great for you, great for us.

The only problem is that I don't think I can build more than one.

I bought mine a few weeks ago, and like everyone else, I received great service, it came quickly. The artwork and the printing are second to none.

I do have a question. I took the book out to look at it, and a a small decal fell out, but It happened so quickly I could not tell if there were more than one little decals falling out. I think it was the decal and the protective piece of wax paper, but I could not be sure, so KursadA , how many sheets should be in the package? I want to make sure I did not loose anything!

The very small insert is a correction for one of the stencils (S7 : type "B" RESCUE arrow) that Cartograf unfortunately misprinted. Including the insert, there must be 5 separate decal sheets total:

-Page 1: badges & larger markings (marked CD48059)

-Page 2: stencils (marked CD48059-2)

-Page 3: black serial number & aircraft names, red stripes for turbine markings (marked CD48059-3)

-Page 4: red landing gear door serials, tail & pod markings for record breaker aircraft (marked CD48059-4)

-Page 5: small insert for the misprinted "RESCUE" arrow

Edited by KursadA

The reference Web page and downloadable templates mentioned in the instruction sheet will be ready on Saturday.

I didn't see a reference page on your site, is it up yet? Looking forward to using these decals on my Hustler!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I will get a limited re-supply (fewer than 100) of these sheets in March. This is not a re-print - I have not reprinted these, they were leftovers that the printer had found and offered for sale to me.

Since I have so few available, I will sell them directly - I don't think I can send any to resellers. If you missed this sheet and would like to get it, or if you would like to get a few more, please make sure you get on the mailing list so you don't miss the announcement. You can sign up for the mailing list very easily by using the form at the Web site.

Edited by KursadA

Put me on your mailing list for 2 sets

Ed

I will get a limited re-supply (fewer than 100) of these sheets in March. This is not a re-print - I have not reprinted these, they were leftovers that the printer had found and offered for sale to me.

Since I have so few available, I will sell them directly - I don't think I can send any to resellers. If you missed this sheet and would like to get it, or if you would like to get a few more, please make sure you get on the mailing list so you don't miss the announcement.

• 1 month later...

Folks,

I have noticed a few B-58 sheets selling on Ebay for more than $70 in the last two weeks. Today there is one on sale there for $75.

I am all for good ol' fashioned capitalism and economic opportunity; but it seems that some folks who know about the impending release of 100 extra sheets are trying to make a few bucks by selling their extras now.

I just would like to reiterate that I will be releasing 100 of this sheet to my e-mail list members later this month, at the original price of $20. If you have been looking for this sheet, please subscribe to the mailing list now. And please spread the word so that folks don't have to overpay for this sheet.

I expect this small batch to sell out within a few days. I will send out the mass e-mail at around 8PM GMT; daytime in North America but not too late for European customers. Provided that you act early, you will have another chance to get this popular sheet. There will be a limit of 2 sheets per person.

(*): I will probably keep an "emergency war reserve" for the many loyal customers who have been with me since the first MQ-9 sheet. You know who you are - there are too many of you, so I won't name names here.

Great news Kursad. It is amazing how stuff goes in cycles. At one point it was the Fox One B-58 sheet that commanded those high prices on ebay and now look at yours. Does that mean you have reached the Nirvana of decal companies when a decal sheet is sold for more than 3 times its original price?

Also, for some reason I have not been receiving your emails. I will have to go re-register I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

The limited B-58 sheet re-release happened this morning.

It ended a few minutes ago. As I mentioned before, I did not announce it anywhere but the mailing list. Thanks for your interest! The entire batch were sold between 8:38AM Thursday morning and 00:28AM Friday morning.

I will not be reprinting this sheet for a couple of years, if ever. I have projects of similar scope (and desirability) in the works, which I will announce in the next few months.

Wow! Didn't realize it was this limited. Got the email and jumped on an order. Glad I did since its a great subject. Now I need to find a kit. LOL!

EDIT: Just got a kit off eBay for $35 shipped! Now I have to make a decision on which one to build.

Edited by Scott Smith
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...