That looks like the original Egg plane!

Isn't there a NASA gb coming up also? Be a chance to unload some stash to the shelves.

Yup, got a 1/72 Saturn 5 rocket, 1/72 F-104, and the forward swept wing plane for that GB. I have to keep this small until I finish the other two GB's I'm in.

V/r

Ron

Isn't that what the 6 Million Dollar Man crashed?

That was actually the M-2/F-2 that he crashed, it's the non-powered glass nosed lifting body design.

V/r

Ron

Edited by bashace

For those who may think I chose the easy path on this one, guess again, it is small but terrible! It is all a short run low pressure injection mold can be. For some reason it came with an extra rocket nozzle mount that was a different color than the rest of the kit, and the kit is missing one of the main gear wells, not a good tradeoff if you ask me. Discovery Channel needs to let Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs clean up all the flash and injector slag on this little bugger!

V/r

Ron

IMG_0651_zps6be90ddc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you better have a bottle of scotch / rye / rum / vodka / bourbon / gin / wine / whatever handy as you tackle this little beast. Good luck.

Mike

Yup, been staring at the scrap plastic bits for a week trying to get up the courage to put glue to them for the reconstructed main gear well.

V/r

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Now that you have placed the cockpit inside the aircraft's airframe, how are you going to paint it?

Well, after looking at the lack of detail in the cockpit, and the tiny thick plastic bubble canopy that will cover it, decided it didn't matter if it was painted before or after.