How to make the blade straps or restrains

Hello forum friends,

I am currently working on a HH-60 1/72 and i want to leave de blades in a retracted position, but instead of just living them loose I want to make de straps to hold them. Do you have any tips or reference on how to make them or what materials are beter to use?

Thanks a lot.

hh-60h-rescue-hawk-italeri-109.JPG

hh-60h-rescue-hawk-italeri-106.JPG

I wouldn´t like to leave it just like this:

hh-60h-rescue-hawk-italeri-4069.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

Plastic strip and plastic rod from Plastruct or Evergreen are the best choices (and saves time), the other options are stretched sprue and plstic sheet, but it will take more time to get all rods of the same diametre. Of course, more reference pics are also needed ;)/> HTH. Best regards and Happy New Year!.

José.

Thanks jose, I figured that part already, but if it is just the evergreen doesnt it end up to fragile? I figured using needles for the base tubes, but there is always the trouble of making the transversal holes to receive the evergreen strips. Cooper tubes should do the trick right?

Hi,

I think you can get by with the plastic strip and rod - the solid rod should be sturdy enough. I'm going to eventually be making a set in 1/48 for my Romeo so I'll be keeping an eye on how your work goes, too!

If you need reference material the company that makes the poles has a photo gallery (http://helopak.com/gallery/) with some good shots of putting them on a Romeo. Also, if you want to go overboard on details you may notice at the base of the poles a small colored band - that cooresponds to the color of the blade. Blades are color coded red, black, blue and yellow. You may also want to put the rotor brake handle down so it's up against the glareshield. The handle is on the pilot side of the overhead console. The rotor brake would be on normally when folded to keep the head from swinging around.

Take care,

Dan