1/48 B-29

i have a number on the aforementioned kits and none have the problems "what's-his-name" was complaining about. But, then again, I don't leave my kits laying out in the sun where they can/will warp. :tongue-in-cheek:/>

Cheers, Terry

And warping causes the nose cone diameter to be oversized by half a foot too?

Then don't worry, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the kit, with any kit in fact! It's a proven fact.

But then I have this Revell 1/196 "Constitution" injection kit from 1956, and I wonder why the hull on that makes the B-29 look like a chimpanzee training experiment... Something to do with a "pantograph" apparently...

Robertson

Nose cone diameter a scale six inches too large - that's a real 1/8 of an inch or just over 3mm on the model which is huge - and also rubbish, which is why I don't give it any credit.

However, reading this thread (again) has inspired me to get the model out of the stash (or more exactly out from under the bed in the spare room where it's been for the last 12 years) and give it a go. There will be no red and blue lines alas, but I will be using some decals for "Command Decision" that I have also had in the stash for many years.

:cheers:

Darius

But then I have this Revell 1/196 "Constitution" injection kit from 1956, and I wonder why the hull on that makes the B-29 look like a chimpanzee training experiment... Something to do with a "pantograph" apparently...

:blink: Yeh, well; me wonders why there are some leaves that go against the wind, churnin' the other way of a whirlwind, all the more so when it only seems to happen whene'er me neighbour is playin' this tune... :wacko:

Sorta 'n' epiphany? :unsure: