:D, My first entry is a 3 Sqn RAAF Kittyhawk as used in the Western Desert Campaign. No pics yet but I've got the cockpit started. The floor d forward and rear bulkhead and control column and the side panels attached to cockpit walls. On the SH Kittyhawk there are quite a few ejector towers to remove so there's a bit of work involved to build this model. The results will be worth the effort though.

:cheers:,

Ross.

I spent a very pleasant hour and a half tonight assembling the wings, cockpit, radiators, wheels and drop tank for my Kittyhawk. Next step will be to paint the cockpit and PE and finish that section. I also got the prop assembled so she's well on the way.

Cheers,

Ross.

:D, Just a question regarding interior paint colour (and I'll also make a post in the genreal discussion section. Could someone please tell me if these aircraft would have had the interior painted zinc chromate green or the colour in the SH Western Desert short tailed Warhawk kit?

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...

The fuselage is now together and the wings attached. Most of the gaps are filled; I used stretched sprue as the initial filler and will finish off with putty and Mr Surfacer. I'll take some photos tomorrow and try to upload them to P-bucket and thence into here. Wish me luck with that.

Cheers,

Ross.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To be honest Ray, I haven't tried to upload any pics of her yet. She is however in her underwear and I'll be spraying the undersides tomorrow, the middle stone on the top sides onTuesday and the dark earth on Wednesday, then a gloss coat and she should have the decals on by the end of the week. Then it's just detail work from then on. I did take some pics of her in primer this morning so I'll upload them to the laptop tomorrow evening and try to upload them to bucket and see how we go uploading them to here. Wish me luck. Next weekend is our NSW Air League Boys Group recreation camp at Webb's Creek so I'll take her along and do some work on Saturday evening. I'm in the middle of a month's leave from work at the moment so I've been doing some improvements around the house and still have more to go yet.

Cheers'

Ross.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:D, Hello Patrick,

I still haven't been able to get my pics from PBucket to the forums. Believe me it's frustrating me no end. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong as everyone else seems to have no trouble with it. I haven't been able to get my local computer expert (cousin's 14 year old grandson) down to help me. Any suggestions from people who know PBucket? I now have to 2 top side colours on, just need a few touch ups now and then a gloss coat and decals etc.

Ross.

Ross, just copy and past the bottom link for the picture into you post, circled in the image below

PBLinks_zps5c71ef56.jpg

Not wanting to contradict TT but what works for me & how I've posted in my thread on this GB is to click on the direct link, 2nd down in TT's screen grab, click on the Insert image icon above the message window (2 to the right of the smilies icon) & then right click & paste into the Image URL slot that is revealed.HTH

Steve.