Kuat Systems Engineering, Patrol and Attack ship SLAVE I

Looking great so far! I have this bad boy in the closet. Just have to work up the courage to try the beat to hell paint job.

Thanx carlizle :D

I sympathise, took a while to build up the mojo for this build.

that's a really awesome tip using Vaseline as a chipping agent - I will have to use that one myself one day. Who comes up with these ideas?? Does it leave any greasy residue though?

Looking forward tot he next update! :D/>

Si

Thanx MH :D

No residue if you're only doing small chips, anything larger I'd suggest maskol or salt chipping. ....any bigger than that haispray :D

Not sure if you guys are into video games but if you have a PlayStation 2 and get the Bounty Hunter game it has a good back story to Slave 1. You follow and play as Jango in the game and in the later missions you're on a prison world where they have these ships for defense. Jango eventually steals one and blows up the prison. So there's no more of these ships anywhere. It's actually a pretty good game.

Couldn't you rewash the parts if there was any residue after the paint?

Not sure if you guys are into video games but if you have a PlayStation 2 and get the Bounty Hunter game it has a good back story to Slave 1. You follow and play as Jango in the game and in the later missions you're on a prison world where they have these ships for defense. Jango eventually steals one and blows up the prison. So there's no more of these ships anywhere. It's actually a pretty good game.

Couldn't you rewash the parts if there was any residue after the paint?

Neat little backgound story :D

odays update :D

Bubba here got his first wash....

IMG_0821_zps9651c272.jpg

Wiped cleanish....

IMG_0822_zps677a9b79.jpg

Might as well put him on his throne....

IMG_0824_zps27526342.jpg

And the cockpit is finished!

IMG_0826_zpsae64cf03.jpg

IMG_0827_zpsa64797a4.jpg

Got some more chipping done....

IMG_0823_zpsd817b168.jpg

Well that´s it for today!

Cheers!

Very cool Janne! Bubba looks a lot more comfy on his throne rather than sitting on that sharp toothpick :P/>/> I will have to try that vaseline chipping effect as well :thumbsup:/>/>

/Jesse

Thanx Jesse :D

Yeah,he does doesn't he :P

Looks like Bobba modified his ship a bit - here's a screenshot from my favorite E:II scene

slave1.png

looks like Bobba removed his seat and it appears that circular headrests were also removed.

but I guess we'll have to wait a few more years for the Bobba Fett movie to be certain :D

I built one of these many years ago. A very satisfying kit to finish, although I did have some trouble getting the big clear canopy to fit properly. Looking forward to seeing your finished...

Thanx för the heads up :D

Haven't even dry fitted the canopy yet...might try to do that :P

Finally some me time!

I managed to squeese in some build time inbetween mother in law visits and sick children :P

Some painting done... and some chipping too

IMG_0830_zpsb7668edd.jpg

IMG_0831_zps1ebb27c9.jpg

IMG_0832_zps81b1ef92.jpg

I´m trying out hairspray chipping on the stand...see how it turns out in the end :D

IMG_0833_zps0eea295b.jpg

Some painting done, next a wash and some further (over) weathering :D

Cheers!

How exactly do you use hairspray to "chip" the paint? I've always been curious about this. I read a few articles, but I

get confused as to how you apply it and then take it off to reveal the chipping effect. Can you share your dirty little secret? ^_^

How exactly do you use hairspray to "chip" the paint? I've always been curious about this. I read a few articles, but I

get confused as to how you apply it and then take it off to reveal the chipping effect. Can you share your dirty little secret? ^_^/>

LoL, my dirty little secret is that I'm novice at the hairspray chipping method.....

This is how I understand it: first prime and paintvthe underlying color, seal it with a clear coat or flat coat if it's acrylic paint, then apply the hairspray.

Then paint the next coat of paint on top of the hairspray coat, the hairspray is water solluable so tbe idea is tvat you apply some water to the area you want chipped and gently rub with a wet brush and the chips will come off....