Canadian supporters building a reputation in Malmo

Yeah, they looks strong but the Finns are this years wildcard after humiliating the russians...

I wasn´t too impressed with sweden yesterday vs Slovakia, but I guess it´s hard to keep the concentration up if you are that much better.

Yeah, they looks strong but the Finns are this years wildcard after humiliating the russians...

Always pleasant. :)

I'm not a fan of any US National team in hockey, but I'm a bit disappointed they lost to Russia. :(

....A good one at that!

Great guys spicing up the tournament!

We always have fun at this tournament,I have been to three of them now. The juniors are a big event in Canada, I'd even go as far as saying it is bigger than the Stanley Cup. The NHL's biggest problem is the officials let too much go on the ice. The NHL doesn't call the game the way it is suppose to be called and ignore too much of the dirty stuff. The NHL does a poor job protecting their talent.

I watch every junior game, it is great to watch the passing and to not see the hooking, hacking, and slashing, which is in every play in the NHL.

I am an NHL season ticket holder.

Always pleasant. :)/>

I'm not a fan of any US National team in hockey, but I'm a bit disappointed they lost to Russia. :(/>

I am also not a fan of US hockey and I am happy we beat them and put them on the path to elimination.

I wasn't happy with the Russians taunting the US bench at the end of the game, that displayed a total lack of sportsmanship and class, Russia did that to us two years ago in Calgary when they beat us in overtime.

Boo Russia.

I am also not a fan of US hockey and I am happy we beat them and put them on the path to elimination.

I wasn't happy with the Russians taunting the US bench at the end of the game, that displayed a total lack of sportsmanship and class, Russia did that to us two years ago in Calgary when they beat us in overtime.

Boo Russia.

Yeah, that wasn't sportsman like behaviour :/

Seems it tends to be close between swden and russia while the Finns have it some what easier for the Russians both in junior and senior tournaments.

sweden has taken the lead vs the Russians after the first period....

awaiting the main game, Canada vs Finland....I'm hoping for finland- sweden in the finals but i think it's more likely with sweden- canada

Yeah, that wasn't sportsman like behaviour :/

Seems it tends to be close between swden and russia while the Finns have it some what easier for the Russians both in junior and senior tournaments.

sweden has taken the lead vs the Russians after the first period....

awaiting the main game, Canada vs Finland....I'm hoping for finland- sweden in the finals but i think it's more likely with sweden- canada

You scared of us? Sweden better hope they aren't in the same game as us, as Canadians have purchased most the tickets for both medal games.

I am surprised the Swedish coach hasn't been warned by the officials for his dive signals, both were legit calls. Plus the refs ignored a delay of game call on Sweden and penalized Russia for goaltender interference when the player was shoved into the net by a Swede.

I don't like either team, so I am not biased either way.

The World Junior Tournament is my favorite hockey event every year. It's a great opportunity to see the best young hockey players in the world before they go pro. To Scooby's point, the NHL does a very poor job officiating making inconsistent calls game to game. The other thing I find disappointing is the lack of effort many players exhibit once they get their multi-million dollar contracts. The junior players play hard to display their talents which is more entertaining.

Being Canadian I have to cheer for Canada. Just watching the Sweden/Russia game now. Good close end to end hockey!

The World Junior Tournament is my favorite hockey event every year. It's a great opportunity to see the best young hockey players in the world before they go pro. To Scooby's point, the NHL does a very poor job officiating making inconsistent calls game to game. The other thing I find disappointing is the lack of effort many players exhibit once they get their multi-million dollar contracts. The junior players play hard to display their talents which is more entertaining.

Being Canadian I have to cheer for Canada. Just watching the Sweden/Russia game now. Good close end to end hockey!

To add to what you posted, NHL players play their best hockey in their option year.

I don't think Russia is going to win this, but I do feel they played the better game.

I am hoping for Canada gets to meet Sweden again, the Swedish players really trash talked Canada after the exhibition game. We want another crack at them.

You scared of us? Sweden better hope they aren't in the same game as us, as Canadians have purchased most the tickets for both medal games.

I am surprised the Swedish coach hasn't been warned by the officials for his dive signals, both were legit calls. Plus the refs ignored a delay of game call on Sweden and penalized Russia for goaltender interference when the player was shoved into the net by a Swede.

I don't like either team, so I am not biased either way.

Nah, there's really no way round it to be fair, team canada is a more complete team than the finns. Still room for surprises though.

I much prefer the junior tournament to the senior world cup. The game is more entertaining, thoughtless mistakes are mixed with pure genius and the outcome is hard to tell.

I can't say i dislike any team but then again i think you canooks appreciate the game on a whole different level of madness.

What i liked when the it was played in Canada was that there was almost always a full house of spectators no matter who played who and at any time during the day!

We flat out didn't play aggressive. When we were in position to shoot we passed.

Late in the third period and we only had 2 shots?

Full marks for the Finns, another dissapointment for Canada.

The Finns had a gameplan that worked and they followed it rigorously.

Canada, I´m afraid, had a gameplan that didn´t work but they couldn´t shift gear to one that did..... The finnish defensive caught up the canadian forwards in syrup in the middle zone. In stead of dumping the the puck deep into the finnish zone after passing the red line and skate like heck they tried to play through the middle zone. That just didn´t work. The Finnish box play was the best in the entire tournament, they set out for a defensive game plan and both russia and Canada played into the hands of the Finns.

Well best of luck against the Russians tomorrow then!

I'll be watching with my litta flag in one hand......yay, hyvää suomi! :D/>

if sweden wins my gf will be intolerable!

So will my cousins. They're not Swedes but immigrants' kids like me but I call them a perkelen hurri all the time when it comes to Finland vs Sweden in hockey or soccer. They should be rooting for our Finnish cousins. ;)

So will my cousins. They're not Swedes but immigrants' kids like me but I call them a perkelen hurri all the time when it comes to Finland vs Sweden in hockey or soccer. They should be rooting for our Finnish cousins. ;)/>

ROFLMAO :P

The Finns played a great game against Canada. (Full Credit for their effort)

I do think Canada played a flat game though. As already mentioned the Finns shut Canada's offense down completely with a well executed game plan and discipline.

I'm looking forward to watching both medal games now. It might be a little tough for me to be up watching at 6 am though. :wacko:

The Finns had a gameplan that worked and they followed it rigorously.

Canada, I´m afraid, had a gameplan that didn´t work but they couldn´t shift gear to one that did..... The finnish defensive caught up the canadian forwards in syrup in the middle zone. In stead of dumping the the puck deep into the finnish zone after passing the red line and skate like heck they tried to play through the middle zone. That just didn´t work. The Finnish box play was the best in the entire tournament, they set out for a defensive game plan and both russia and Canada played into the hands of the Finns.

Well best of luck against the Russians tomorrow then!

We could have dumped and chased, but we also could have shot more often. We were in position to do so. We still outshot Finland, but typically we get 40 shots on net.

We are a much better team than the 5-1 result reveals. We didn't get the bounces (Finlands first goal) and the officiating was out to lunch, they called some strange ones.

But we didn't play our game and played too tentative. Our game is attack..........

We were 19-0 versus Finland.

Any word on a suspension yet? I can't see the IHHF ignoring the end of your game.

Good luck in the Gold Medal game.