Canadian supporters building a reputation in Malmo

The Finns played a great game against Canada. (Full Credit for their effort)

I do think Canada played a flat game though. As already mentioned the Finns shut Canada's offense down completely with a well executed game plan and discipline.

I'm looking forward to watching both medal games now. It might be a little tough for me to be up watching at 6 am though. :wacko:/>

Yeah, I know how it is.....became some rather late nights and early mornings when the tournament was held in Canada or USA :)

Well next year it's in Canada again...my turn to stay up late again.

I made a point of getting up early to watch the game.

Doesn't look good Canada. :crying2:/>

So did I, at least they played a better game although I am still certain we are capable of playing better. Russia got a goal off a Canadian skate and the second goal was just an awful miss by our goalie. Russia deserved to win yesterday, we deserved to win today.

Go Sweden, that's who I am cheering for (my son has a hockey development camp so I won't see all of the game)!

This was on the TSN website.

The International Ice Hockey Federation will conduct a disciplinary hearing with Sweden's Jesper Pettersson on Sunday morning at 8:30am local time (2:30am ET).

Really no surprise he was suspended, the IHHF is consistent with their discipline. They are typically harsh and I think that is why the game is so much cleaner. The only real trouble I saw this (and not today) is the Russians displayed poor sportsmanship at the end of their games.

Many of the team Canada players could have played much better than they did. I guess we'll have to wait until next year when the tournament will be held in Montreal.

I'll watch the Gold medal game but I really don't have a favorite. It should be a really good game based on the play of both teams throughout the tournament.