ARC Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pacheco

OV-10 - Kittyhawk 1:32

hope you like it.

Glen

I don't lke it tongue.giftongue.gif

ya see, theres this rivet, totally in the wrong place, I would recommend that that people send their kits to me instead biggrin.gif

Just kidden, this is very very good news!!!!

Have you a A version planned?

Best regards

Mikkel

Edited by MIG Mikkel

if it sells, the whole family(several boxings) will be there

Glen

Good news, would rather build the USAF OV-10A (specifically a PAVE NAIL) rather than the D which didn't have as much history behind it.

Best of luck with the kit, hope it sells well and escapes the flack from the ARC forums.

I mainly build in 1/72 and 1/144, but I will be thinking HARD about buying this kit as it's my FAVORITE A/C...

Matt

Well I guess that ends all the speculation: the next subject Kittyhawk will ruin is the Bronco.

Well I guess that ends all the speculation: the next subject Kittyhawk will ruin is the Bronco.

After their T-6G release I have no hope in them getting this one even close to correct. I've noted several discrepancies with their CAD but I will wait to say what I've noticed until they cut the molds as to not offend anyone :whistle:/>

Looks like another KH kit I will not buy.

Ciao,

John

I've noted several discrepancies with their CAD but I will wait to say what I've noticed until they cut the molds as to not offend anyone whistle.gif

Are you referring to the Texan or Bronco? For the former, they basically showed the CAD images after they cut the molds (or so it seems since the images of the test shot followed so quickly). As for the latter... do you really have information or is it simply an attempt at humor?

deadhorse1.gif

At the moment, who makes a decent Bronco kit (regardless of scale)?

Regards,

I've noted several discrepancies with their CAD

6 for me at the moment.

I've noted several discrepancies with their CAD but I will wait to say what I've noticed until they cut the molds as to not offend anyone :whistle:/>/>

John

You got it all wrong John. :) You are not supposed to say anything til you have the kits in your hands. Then you can comment. Because we all know that if any mistakes are seen on CAD's "it is still long til release, surely they will fix it". And when they cut the molds and do the test shots; "it is only test shots, surely they will fix it".

But preferably it is best to never ever critique or give an opinion that the product might not be that nice. :)

if it sells, the whole family(several boxings) will be there

Glen

Glen, remember to upscale your Mirage F-1 to 1/32 scale too! :pray:

Ooo, I like.

I'll go so far as to say that KH and Great Wall are my two favorite companies these days. And Trumpeter for doing a new 1/48 Flogger.

6 for me at the moment.

As for this Bronco, this isn't the version I would want. However, I am surprised that those that see the issues clearly (unlike me who have to have them pointed out, then they're clear) feel that they shouldn't say anything thanks to those that run to defend the company.

While this variant of the OV-10 isn't of interest to me, it may be to someone else who is willing to put the time to correct a model's shortcomings if they are capable. So, I hope those that see the issues do not keep it to themselves. If the company fixes it great! If they don't, the modeler with an interest in corrections will know what they will be up against. Last, an aftermarket company would know what they can possibly offer.

Regards,

If people are seeing issues, would they mind pointing them out for us mere mortals that can't see them? I'll admit I've seen a lot of Cal Fire Broncos based at my local airport, but don't know every inch of it. Kitty Hawk said they would like help correcting errors, so how about people point out the faults so they be worked on? Instead of acting like being able to spot errors is some psychic power and you shouldn't reveal it to anyone?

I have studied the CAD drawings a little and I am no OV-10D expert. These are drawing's only. Now that is cleared up.

First little item is on the engine hatch that is shown open port side. The CAD art show an bump on the outside to bottom It should not be that large. Their is an intake on the inside of that boom up higher. On the starboard side it would be on the outside. I think I see it in the CAD drawings

The second is the handle's for the window's is backwards. not a big thing. The rear of the pilot seat should have two braces to the canopy.

another item is behind the observer's cockpit above the circuit box should be open to the rear compartment. Just cut it out and it will be fine.

No batteries in the main wheel well. the main doors are to be open more. Just a drawing

The opening to the spent ammo chutes in the end of the sponsons is not there.

No folding boarding step on the bottom of the fuselage under right side of pilot.

no IR jammer ( DISCO BALL ) on some drawings

The engine framing has some little stuff. Box up side down ETC. At least we get a engine by the looks of things.

That said NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!! Thank You Kitty Hawk For making a dream kit for us. I will a least see four in the Stash from you

Edited by Vandy 1 vx4