• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
pacheco

OV-10 - Kittyhawk 1:32

The props still are not counter-rotating

No true I believe.

lxuc.jpg

When I first saw Glen's post, my thoughts were "Didn't you get any cockpit photos when you did your research?" But from reading this thread, it's clear they didn't do much research...

They had a pretty good cockpit lay-out on the initial CAD files, looks like they want to make sure they get the interior correct for the D, since there was a lot of changes between the models. Not doing much research gives the world the Trumpeter Vampire. This looks like Kittyhawk is trying to produce an accurate product, and it tweaking their CAD before cutting any molds to make sure they've got things right. What you read on the internet isn't always the most accurate and honest picture of how things actually are. Quite often, hyperbole kicks up, and the snowball rolls downhill until a kit is only fit for the trash-can.

They've given the appearance of soliciting help before, only to completely ignore it.

They've taken help and made corrections thus far, seems like they are interested in making fixes. Comparing the initial CAD file to the most recent one, there have been various fixes, and the props seem to be correct now. The sponsons still aren't right, but apparently info has been sent to them. And the canopy is still a bit bulged, but until we get a perfect profile shot with the canopy closed, it's hard to tell. At least they're going through all of this work now, instead of after cutting molds and doing test-shots.

They've taken help and made corrections thus far, seems like they are interested in making fixes. Comparing the initial CAD file to the most recent one, there have been various fixes, and the props seem to be correct now. The sponsons still aren't right, but apparently info has been sent to them. And the canopy is still a bit bulged, but until we get a perfect profile shot with the canopy closed, it's hard to tell. At least they're going through all of this work now, instead of after cutting molds and doing test-shots.

I agree with you Scvrobenson!!!!

They also fixed the Main Landing Gear joint and the small bulge in the cowl. As I see in Laurent's photo posted above.

I also sent some photos of the area of supposed canopy problem? Also note the large vents on the nose sides. Right side (of ac)has a screen inserted? Those vents have a exhaust ports to the bottom as you can hardly see in the posted pic.

http://www.pimaair.org/

100_5010_zps21d86a75.jpg

Edited by Vandy 1 vx4

100_5580_zps7ee73573.jpg

100_5615_zps0cb0f15d.jpg

100_5579_zpsa5e0b337.jpg

Engine cowl bump

100_5578_zpse10bd531.jpg

The nose scoops exit vents on the bottom of the nose

100_5574_zps90e6e380.jpg

I hope these photos may help someone when they build their Bronco's

Also try to find reference photos on a OV-10D cockpit that is in the original state!!!!! Most are modified Cockpits for the DOS/ATF and CAL FIRE birds.

Cheers

ooooh nic just intime for me birthday, is the release for the beginning or end of September?

Clive

Is there a particular reason the props or shown feathered? Garrett TPE-331 props are normally left in flat pitch while P&W PT-6 props are feathered when shut down.

I want a FEW of both A's and D's. One OV-10A as VMO-2 and the other as Pete Russell's Black Ponies. The D's have to be a Desert Storm and an all black US dept. of State with the red trim and strips.

Cheers

Very nice kit indeed.

Once it's released I wonder if it will be as difficult to acquire as their F-35C here in the states BANGHEAD2.jpg .

Deffinately need a "A" model. We had them at Korat and it's one of two types of aircraft my wife would have been qualified to work on.

Can you imagive a diorama with the back opened and paratroopers packed into it? That would get some comments at a contest.

Just curious, have these aircraft seen combat at all? Just wondering how effective they would be, especially if AAA was around.

Cheers

Brad

Brad No US OV-10Ds have been shot down in combat. But two OV-10A's were shot down by Hand held SAMs in Desert Storm. Also a few by AAA in Viet Nam. For the rest of the users can't say

Cheers

the basic mission of the OV-10 would have been on the Lao border and maybe the Cambodian border in the Vietnam era. You saw mostly OV-1's with the huge pod hanging on the side, but there were some otherthings as well. This ranged from EC121's to O-2's (probably O-1's as well). Range and loiter time would have been the issue out there. I don't see the advantage of the OV-10 out there, as most of the important stuff happened on the night shift. .In a daylight mission the rocket pods would probably contain WP tipped rockets to mark targets for the fast movers. Night shift missions would be primarily data gathering trying to find truck parks and night loggers. The real issue with all the OV series airframes was that the could do sensors, but still could read them (I assume the OV-10 could). Still much of this was done by EC123 and EC121 aircraft relying the data to Apache Six or whoever was flying the loop that night. Apache Six ruled the sky after dark, and every thing off the ground had to go thru Apache Six (even Bright Light and some arty missions).

I doubt the OV-10 had enough range to do anything serious north of the DMZ, but could see it from Vinn south, or flying up the coast line after dark. I could also see them flying over the delta. But that was all Army down there.

gary

USAF also lost a couple to SAMs during Viet Nam. The early A-models were pretty good FAC's until the NVA beefed up their air defenses. After that, they became vulnerable. A limited number of USAF A's were fitted with a PAVE NAIL laser designator and were pretty successful guiding LGB's dropped from Phantoms. That's the version I'd like to build.

I'm a bit surprised that KH opted for the later D model. Many more users of the A model, which one would think should help sales.

by 1969, the NVA had placed radar guided 57mm AA guns on the Ho Chi Mein Trail, as well as 37mm AA. A SAM battery would have been toast after the first launch.

gary

to Check six

Pacific Coast models and Stevens hobby both have F-35C's for your local hobbyshops to order.

Edited by KAGNEW