A few shots of the 23 T.A.S.S. 1974:

scan0035.jpg

scan0033.jpg

scan0150-2.jpg

Notice the fit in the ejection ports:

scan0149-2.jpg

scan0039-3.jpg

scan0038-5.jpg

I thought I had some shots of the orange partial discs that came out of the top of the wing.

It carried a very good ejection seat. We had a couple OV's waiting their turn for takeoff when the backseat passenger fired his seat while on the ground. He got lucky, the seat worked well and go thim to the ground with no injuries to speak of and he landed in front of the EC-121 that was right behind him.

Only thing is it appears that the PE on the wing is glued on perpendicular to where it should be. Shouldn't they follow the airflow?

scvrobeson Only thing is it appears that the PE on the wing is glued on perpendicular to where it should be. Shouldn't they follow the airflow?

To scvrobeson It's Right perpendicular. Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 vx4

to Check six

Pacific Coast models and Stevens hobby both have F-35C's for your local hobbyshops to order.

Is that Mirage IIIE 1/48 next to the assembled OV-10?

....!

P

Only thing is it appears that the PE on the wing is glued on perpendicular to where it should be. Shouldn't they follow the airflow?

those are roll spoilers. and they should be perpendicular to the airflow. they are connected to the ailerons so only one set should be up at a time.

Edited by dylan

Is that Mirage IIIE 1/48 next to the assembled OV-10?

It's a IIIC. Probably an Eduard or HB kit to give an idea of the size.

After all the talk, the props are STILL wrong! BANGHEAD2.jpg

You mean they're contrarotating but not in the good direction ? If so, perhaps the left and right props or blades have just been inverted in the test build ?

Edited by Laurent

Good luck with the kit, hope it sells well.

Now bring on the A model so I can do a Vietnam war PAVE NAIL USAF version!

Given that huge canopy, I see lots of opportunities to super detail the cockpit.

After all the talk, the props are STILL wrong!

C2j, in order for your comment to be helpful, why not state why they are wrong? If you did, people (like Laurent) wouldn't have to ask questions since they may not know what you are inferring. It is like saying that the soup is unacceptable without stating if it is cold, lacks ingredients, over spiced, presented poorly, or any of many reasons.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

the pictures i have the OV-10D has round tip fiberglass prop

the OV-10A has smaller engines with aluminum square tip props.

that is what we did with both kits.

Unfortunately I see the made up "US Navy" OV-10D scheme was used afterall, after it was pointed out that the Navy didn't use the OV-10D and that scheme shown is only a museum scheme representing the Black Ponies early Vietnam markings.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=276793&st=0&p=2629002&hl=ov-10&fromsearch=1entry2629002

I look forward to an eventual OV-10A boxing.

The props are fine for an OV-10D!!!!! Round tip and the counter rotating props are spinning the right directions. When not in reverse pitch. The width and length look good from the build up. When you look at photos of the props. Make sure what version it is. OV-10A'S have square tips and smaller engine. Some foreign OV-10s and the US OV-10G have a Four bladed round tip prop.

Looks like they did markings for Lt. Pete Russel's Memorial air craft. ( The Navy one top right )

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 vx4

The props are fine for an OV-10D!!!!! Round tip and the counter rotating props are spinning the right directions. When not in reverse pitch. The width and length look good from the build up. When you look at photos of the props. Make sure what version it is. OV-10A'S have square tips and smaller engine. Some foreign OV-10s and the US OV-10G have a Four bladed round tip prop.

Looks like they did markings for Lt. Pete Russel's Memorial air craft. ( The Navy one top right )

Cheers

Question (and I can't access any photos at work to answer it myself) - when the OV-10 is shut down, due the props automatically go the feathered position, or would they have their normal pitch?

11 Bee Its almost always Normal Pitch.

I only seen a few parked feathered

In the Kitty Hawk build the Left prop should be on the right side.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s558/Vandy1vx4/100_5574_zps90e6e380.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s558/Vandy1vx4/100_5010_zps21d86a75.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 vx4

C2j, in order for your comment to be helpful, why not state why they are wrong? If you did, people (like Laurent) wouldn't have to ask questions since they may not know what you are inferring. It is like saying that the soup is unacceptable without stating if it is cold, lacks ingredients, over spiced, presented poorly, or any of many reasons.

Regards,

Laurent understood correctly what the problem is/was. My LOL is because there seemed to be two pages of discussions about the props and prop rotation earlier in the thread.

Sorry if I left some confused.

C2j

Laurent understood correctly what the problem is/was.

If it is what Laurent understood, then it is a problem with the test build and not the model. Many test builds don't have finalized instructions so it may be in the instructions or perhaps an errata sheet may be added if it was clearly pointed out.

Regards,

When is the OV-10A boxing comoing? From the photo below (found while digging around your Photobucket account); it looks like you already have tooled the OV-10A parts.

DSC01222_zps0c54b510.jpg

Question (and I can't access any photos at work to answer it myself) - when the OV-10 is shut down, due the props automatically go the feathered position, or would they have their normal pitch?

no they don't go to feather, they retain normal pitch... the OV-10's props are equipped with ground pitch stop locks to prevent feathering when oil pressure is removed from the prop hub dome when the engine is not running (similar to what piston engines with variable pitch/constant speed props have)... this is a feature commonly seen on single-shaft type turboprops like the Garrett T76 series to: allow windmilling re-starts in flight and, (from the configuration of the condition levers) to prevent feathering when the engine is running (which, if it happens, will choke and/or overheat the engine)

only turboprop types (like the Pratt & Whitney PT6 series) with two independent shafts (the compressor section, which is the "jet" part of the engine, that turns the compressor and it's turbine, and the power section, which turns the prop via a set of power turbines) have the feature of having the props at feather during shutdown, and it can still have the props on feather while running (an important safety feature)... this is also why turboprops like this are sometimes called "unducted turbofans" because it has a similar configuration to high-bypass turbofans... and with the advent of "geared turbofans" (turbofans which also has a reduction gearbox, like a turboprop, minus the prop pitch control/constant speed unit) they have become almost identical in structural composition...

performance-wise, the two turboprop types are almost the same... the difference being the single shaft offers faster power settings in a short amount of time per push/pull of the power levers, whereas the dual-shaft types have to spool up first before giving the power setting commanded... (and if not watched out carefully, may end up overspeeding the engine)

however, with the advent of Full Authority Digital Engine Control (a.k.a. FADEC), this limitation has been practically eliminated, and dual shafts now offer (almost) the same type of engine acceleration as single shafts, minus the worry of overspeeding... that's why more and more dual shaft turboprops are now being used on trainers and attack airplanes like the Beech AT-6, Embraer's Tucano/Super Tucano, etc.

Edited by Hans

by the way, will the OV-10A release cover the Philippine Air Force? much thanks!

planning to buy boatloads of your OV-10 line, that's for sure :cheers:

Edited by Hans