More C/D Phantom decals!

OK, 1/32 guys. I've completed the first of two 1/32 sheets of C/D model Phantoms for your stash of Tamiya F-4s. As soon as the RF-4s and F-15s come back, I will send these to Cartograf. If they sell well, I'll continue to do more 1/32 sheets, and will then venture into 1/72. I REALLY hope they sell well, because there are a lot of jets in 1/32 that I've been wanting decals for.

The first sheet includes markings for 4 jets (two in Euro 1, two in Hill Gray). The 2nd sheet features all ADC jets. Some of these markings are scaled up from the MiG killer sheets, but most are drawn fresh just for these two sheets.

Here's a teaser. More details to follow when we get closer.

Jake

66-7765_89TFS.jpg

Looks like it's time to hold fire on building my Tamiami Phantom, love that scheme.

However it needs the Maple leaf and London airshow markings to make it perfect.

The London markings are included. I included both the Dayton and London markings on the sheet. The flags are a bit different between the two schemes, besides the obvious difference in nose art.

OK, 1/32 guys. I've completed the first of two 1/32 sheets of C/D model Phantoms for your stash of Tamiya F-4s. As soon as the RF-4s and F-15s come back, I will send these to Cartograf. If they sell well, I'll continue to do more 1/32 sheets, and will then venture into 1/72. I REALLY hope they sell well, because there are a lot of jets in 1/32 that I've been wanting decals for.

The first sheet includes markings for 4 jets (two in Euro 1, two in Hill Gray). The 2nd sheet features all ADC jets. Some of these markings are scaled up from the MiG killer sheets, but most are drawn fresh just for these two sheets.

Jake

66-7765_89TFS.jpg

Ppppppppppppppppppppppphinally the F-4 scheme I am looking for so long! GREAT!!

Now please do not forget all the phrazy phantom phencils phreaks!!! Like Afterburner did that awesome F-4 stencil sheet (now OP ...too bad!) you could do that too!! For SEA, Asia minor, Euro 1, gray birds....with panel numbers and so an!! Jake, say YES!!????? Oh, I forgot, for me it will be ok in 1:48!!! hehe

Edited by tobiK
  • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful, Jake! You don't know how long I've been waiting for a sheet of the Dayton Air Show F-4 from the 906TFG. Any chance of making the quarter scale guys (like me) happy? If not, I guess I'll get one of those big ole' Tamiya F-4C/D kits. WTH, I have a few 1/32 scale kits anyway. At 57, my eyesight is still 20/20(right) and 20/15(left), but I can tell that things are changing. I may have to jump up to 1/32 scale. I like those big hogs anyway. Take care and fly safe,

Tim

P.S. Thanks for the "eye candy!"

Edited by balls47

What a great new Jake!

1/32 option is welcome. For sure I will buy every Phantom large scale decal sheet. Thanks alot!

Pavel

My pleasure Pavel. I will post the profiles of this sheet and the other 1/32 F-4C/D sheet in the next little while. Look for ADC gray jets on that sheet. Michigan, North Dakota, both Oregon units, Minnesota, and Hawaii. It will look great on the big Tamiya Phantom!

Jake

My pleasure Pavel. I will post the profiles of this sheet and the other 1/32 F-4C/D sheet in the next little while. Look for ADC gray jets on that sheet. Michigan, North Dakota, both Oregon units, Minnesota, and Hawaii. It will look great on the big Tamiya Phantom!

Jake

Wow Oregon Phantom with Eagle Head :woot.gif:

Good work Jake

Jake

66-7765_89TFS.jpg

Hey!! We need these in 1/48! I have the old repliscale sheet, but have a feeling they'll come apart in water.

Hey!! We need these in 1/48! I have the old repliscale sheet, but have a feeling they'll come apart in water.

Wow, how long have you had those? I remember them being badly out of register, too. Are yours?

Wow, how long have you had those? I remember them being badly out of register, too. Are yours?

I got them at the base hobby shop at Lowry AFB in 1990. The register is pretty good on them, but they've yellowed. It would be cool to see some of the other "City" birds as well, like "City of Cincinnati". And speaking of 906 bird, how about some of their vipers?! Those repliscale sheets are really old too.

If I could be convinced that an F-16A sheet would sell enough to even pay for itself, I'd be all over it. I'd love to do the 906th jets, plus the other 80's units like the 507th, etc.

Jake

If I could be convinced that an F-16A sheet would sell enough to even pay for itself, I'd be all over it. I'd love to do the 906th jets, plus the other 80's units like the 507th, etc.

Jake

Personally, I think the early vipers would be awesome, and not really covered other than really old superscale and repliscale. Maybe if tamiya or someone ever releases a modern mold F-16A (although the hasegawa is still a great kit for these).

I actually have two copies of that sheet in my stash. One is heavy on the ink and out of register, the other is crisply printed and alignment is near perfect.

Or the earliest F-16As that were delivered to the 388th TFW with black nose cones. Or my favorite unit, the 56th TTW out of MacDill.

61_tfts_f_16a_no__1_by_f16crewchief-d530k8f.jpg

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup