1/48 Hasegawa F-16C Arctic Bandit

Hi all,

I was able to get started on the model I chose for the Bad Boys group build. I bought this Hasegawa kit and Black Box cockpit 5 or 6 years ago and have been looking for the right excuse to get it started. All honesty, the fact that I have to sand the seam out of the canopy has kept me away from this kit. So it is time to take a dive and see what I can do with it. Wish me luck! :)

I started by cutting away at the Hasegawa cockpit to fit the Black Box cockpit. I had to do quite a bit of sanding to the bottom of the cockpit tub to allow a good fit between the fuselage.

Here are a couple of shots of the progress I made today:

102_3040_zps858a9f6b.jpg

102_3041_zps9fdd079b.jpg

Well, I have been able to overcome my fear of sanding out the seam on the canopy. I'll post some pictures later but I am happy the way it has turned out.

Looks like we have a couple of Artic Bandits in the Black, White and Grey color scheme already so I am going to do this one in the Blue and Grey scheme. I have two choices of aircraft to choose from with the kit supplied decals 298 and 335. I'll pick one of the two in the next couple of days.