Revell 1/144 Boeing 747

Here's a basket case kit I snagged off evilbay for $10, it's missing decals and clear/misc parts for the 747, but I'm a firm believer that every kit deserves to be built. I've ordered a set of DrawDecals NASA 905 SCA Early markings to dress her up in. Probably the only way to go bigger than this for NMF is with a B-36.

V/r

Ron

_3_zps1e5249b4.jpg

IMG_0659_zps26917f80.jpg

This was my first kit I bought with my own money, but my father still had to build for me.

Actually, I still have it (and the re-released kit from 1998, as well as the new relase from last year).

What I like about the DrawDecals sheet is, that it includes the scrubbed off American Airlines wording, which was not present in the Revell kits.

BTW: For historic reasons, can you do me a favour and tell me the date at the bottom of one of the long sides the box?

That was a special kit for me, my dad bought it and it was the first big kit I completed.

I used Testors rattle cans for the silver. I have another kit and plan on building it again, this time I have all the bells and whistles (Cutting Edge, Draw Decals).

This was my first kit I bought with my own money, but my father still had to build for me.

Actually, I still have it (and the re-released kit from 1998, as well as the new relase from last year).

What I like about the DrawDecals sheet is, that it includes the scrubbed off American Airlines wording, which was not present in the Revell kits.

BTW: For historic reasons, can you do me a favour and tell me the date at the bottom of one of the long sides the box?

Lancer, the date on the box is 1977.

V/r

Ron

That was a special kit for me, my dad bought it and it was the first big kit I completed.

I used Testors rattle cans for the silver. I have another kit and plan on building it again, this time I have all the bells and whistles (Cutting Edge, Draw Decals).

Scooby,

I'll use a combo of Tamiya Bare Metal Silver spray and Alclad II for this build. This is actually my first ever Boeing 747 build, and this kit has seen better days.

V/r

Ron

Scooby,

I'll use a combo of Tamiya Bare Metal Silver spray and Alclad II for this build. This is actually my first ever Boeing 747 build, and this kit has seen better days.

V/r

Ron

Sorry, I didn't explain my reply well. When I built that kit in 1977, it was the largest kit to date that I built. Until then everything was brush painted with Humbrol (which I had mastered).

This 747 was the first kit I sprayed in any form (air brush or rattle can). I used what was the cutting edge in 1977, Testors Silver in a rattle can.