A-37B of the 8 SOS, 14 SOW

Got a little done by painting the cockpit and adding nose weight.

P1050002_zps3f35e3ff.jpg

P1070007_zpsd4ce3fe2.jpg

Can anybody tell me if the pylons would only hahe the leading part painted the upper wing color and the rest white or would the whole pylon be painted that upper wing color? In the linked photo above it kind of looks like the pylons are painted the same as the upper wing color.

Edited by Spectre711

Can anybody tell me if the pylons would only hahe the leading part painted the upper wing color and the rest white or would the whole pylon be painted that upper wing color? In the linked photo above it kind of looks like the pylons are painted the same as the upper wing color.

Looks like there was some variation: Link 1

But it looks like this was the standard:

Link 2

Link 3

Link 3

Seems like a lot of variation going on. I see the leading edges painted top color or just dark green. Have seen a few being all gray or dark green. I have also seen a bunch with the whole protruding section of the pylon being painted dark green with the rest being gray. I'll have to either hope I find more reveling photos of this craft or just go with what I like.

Lots of 8th S.O.S. stuff here at 8th Attack Squadron Association site.

I'm thinking it's more like this one in Link 2 Pete, but has the front sections of the pylons painted the upper wing color and the rest is gray.

Edited by Spectre711
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like it is done with time to spare. I see the windshield looks like it has some minor scratches that I'll have to try and get out. I'm not sure of the accuracy but it was a nice little kit with good fit and no use of putty.

P2280006_zps15a47a15.jpg

P2280001_zpsc5f882be.jpg

P2280003_zpsec8133ae.jpg

P2280002_zps2da861a5.jpg

P2280004_zps28e22e65.jpg

P2280005_zpsb2011b9e.jpg