You know how they say sh*t happens in threes??

Well, I'm pretty much a firm believer now.

#1: House burns down (12/16/13)

#2: Horse clocks me upside the face and fractures my nasal bone (12/24/13)

and (wait for it...)

#3 Found the only patch of black ice anywhere on Virginia Rt 42 in Craig County this morning and totaled my Honda. On my way to have brunch with some friends who live on the very far fringe edge of west BFE. No cell coverage for tens of miles, and a small rural county with no 911 service in place!

At least that's what I'm counting as the three pieces of sh*t!! Fortunately I'm fine, if pretty bruised and battered. Nothing broken or otherwise out of place after a visit to the ED. Car is a total goner. Skidded about 75 yards on the right side and ripped the entire front end off of it. Could have been way worse.

Anyone else ready for a boring, uneventful year in 2014? I sure as HELL am! :)

God might be testing you, like in the book of job, seeing as you are still alive. You could be dead and so could your family. You should pray.

( i know it really wasn't a test in the book of job)

Sorry that this is happening though.

Edited by Ace Combat Zero

I know someone who had both her husband and her father and her sister die in the same week and she still called to ask my dad if he was ok; her husband was a very good friend of my dad, and when he passed it was one of the only times I saw my dad cry.

That's sh*t happening in threes

Edited by Ace Combat Zero

The simple fact that you are able to write about it, makes it all good. If I got this right you're good to go, as you've used up the majority if not all of the bad luck you had coming at ya. If God is not with you, his second in command is definitely on the job; that or your guardian angel has earned his pay for the last few months. BTW very glad you made it thru it all, with not much injury or unbearable setback. My prayers for you to get past this stint of misfortune and get it all going again.

I hadn't heard about sh*t #2 - so when you posted about the car crash, I thought that was the second sh*t in your life.

I was about to reply to the effect that you only had one more to go - but it had already happened !!!!

I hope 2014 is sh*tless for you...............

Ken

You're an insurance company's worst nightmare. Hope the claim(s) go through with no issues. I had a hell of a time dealing my company after my wife got into a bad car accident a couple of years ago. To the point that I had to hire an attorney and threaten to take them to court for failure to provide the coverage that I paid for.

On the bright side, once the dust settles, you will hopefully have a nice new house and car.

For the past 30+ years I've been USAA's best customer. I had one minor auto claim in 1986, and other than that I haven't cost them a penny since 1982 when I first joined.

For the past 30+ years I've been USAA's best customer. I had one minor auto claim in 1986, and other than that I haven't cost them a penny since 1982 when I first joined.

Hope your provider is better than the one I had. I found out the hard way that despite all those cute commercials about how MAPFRE is there for you in your time of need, the only thing they truly cared about is how to save as much $ as possible on the settlement.

I've been meaning to check out USAA, thanks for the reminder.

I think I need to buy a freakin lottery ticket! :)/>/>

You beat me to it. Holy crap, J! Hopefully the person doing your prostate exam doesn't have baseball mitts for hands. On the other hand, you've had it up the pooper quite vigorously over the past little bit, you might not even feel it.

Chin up pal. If it doesn't kill you, it'll only make you stronger.

Mike

I love USAA, nothing but wonderful things to say about them.

Times 2. Had them for 4 decades and they have been bullit proof. Even send me money for nothin'every now and then (I see Allstate is doing it now also).

Got their house, car, life, specialty riders, etc. and no one has ever beaten their prices.

:cheers:

Itch