Revell AH-1E in 1/72

The motto for this build can be described as "Leave no Snake behind!". I needed some smaller kit that I could build over the christmas days and that would be finished until new year so I could start directly in the Bad Boys GB.

IMG_4230_zpsb51e11e1.jpg

I chosed Revells AH-1S Cobra kit, although it isn´t a real "S", as it it missing some things. I started the build with enthusiasm, as I thought I could do a nice "F" out of it. Well, that was a silly idea, as I quickly discovered. It remembered me of the fact that I only bought this kit to use it as base for bashing a AH-1G, using the Matchbox-canopy and the Revell-kit. With the upcoming release of a both MPM and AZModels superb Ah-1Gs there was no need to keep this kit...

IMG_4235_zps1f257522.jpg

IMG_4232_zpsf1b8d825.jpg

Well, the construction went straight forward, and when I glued on the canopy that gives this helo the very etchy look, I was enthusastic again (enthusastic enough to order a Hobbyboss "Snake" to make it a real "F" - yes, I know, that the "S"-kit from HB is needed, so I ordered that). I gave it a "What-If" paintjob in green and black and was quite happy with the final look.

IMG_4234_zpsf19a3ee0.jpg

HAJO