VFA-127 Iraqi Fulcrum Agressor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got back to work on the F-18 today and attached some small things, masked the canopy and windshield and glued them down so I guess the next step will be some masking and shooting some black.

Is it me or do none of the 1/72 canopy's fit good on this one? Was building an AMT one earlier but gave up cause the canopy was so narrow that there was no way it would ever look right. This one is not as bad but it is still too narrow for the fuselage. Kit actually came with two canopies and both were the same way. Starts off good in the back but when you get to the windshield it is too narrow.

P6130001_zps196be9a5.jpg

Nice! How much fun was it to get the paint and the decals to line up :-)

I've always had it in mind to build this bird but then after it was sold to the EdA.

It wasn't too badd since it was just the three stars and bars, one intake warning and the horizontal stabilizers. the later was the worse cause this area was not shown on the guide but I trimmed the decals as much as I could and touched things up with a paint brush.