Calling Su-27 experts - Ejection Seat

Hi guys,

I would like to ask if Su-27B (single seat) and Su-27UB (double seat) use the same ejection seat (K-36D) ?

I found Eduard has two different sets 32537 for Su-27B and 32663 for Su-27UB/Su30. This makes me to wonder if they use different version of ejection seats or it is just different in Trumpeter moulding so Eduard releases two sets to suit the Trumpeter moulded seats.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas

Hi Douglas,

The early Su-27's (both single and two seat) all had the same K-36DM Mark2 versions. Later models, like the Su-30, Su-35 have a new version of the K-36 seat. It mainly differs in its headbox and the shape of the two stabilizers (on the sides of the headbox).

I have no idea what Eduard has made but will have a look at it.

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Douglas,

The first one looks very strange and has little in common with the real thing. Eduard is doing strange things every now and then!

The second one looks more like the K-36DM Series 2. ejection seat although the headrest is not 100% but the rest looks more like it.

It is a long time argument between me and the Eduard etched department that there are things which are more suitable for reproduction in resin rather than in etched metal. About 20 years ago they said that they can do everything from metal (the first seat shows you that) and that they will never do resin. Well that was 20 years ago and now we have the Brassin bits and pieces from them!

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Douglas,

The first one looks very strange and has little in common with the real thing. Eduard is doing strange things every now and then!

The second one looks more like the K-36DM Series 2. ejection seat although the headrest is not 100% but the rest looks more like it.

It is a long time argument between me and the Eduard etched department that there are things which are more suitable for reproduction in resin rather than in etched metal. About 20 years ago they said that they can do everything from metal (the first seat shows you that) and that they will never do resin. Well that was 20 years ago and now we have the Brassin bits and pieces from them!

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for all the responses. From what you said I guess it would be a double mistake, first by Trumpeter moulding the strange seat as in photo 1, and second by Eduard to add photo etched things onto that strange looking seat. And I guess Trumpeter made a correction and moulded a new seat as in photo 2, and so Eduard makes some new photo etched parts for the new seat.

Haha, you story with Eduard does a very well demonstration. I think I better go for resin cockpit and seats. But then, it is good to make clear the problem with the kit seats and the related photo etched parts.

Thanks Gabor.

Regards,

Douglas