Does anyone know if anything has happened to Real Space Models? A friend ordered some stuff in September, had an e-mail exchange with Glen about delivery addresses and stuff, then nothing. No reply from subsequent e-mails. I don’t think it’s a scam as I’m pretty sure his card hasn’t been debited.

Chris

Edited by chrismac60

I've ordered from Glenn at Real Space a few times ... and all I can suggest is ... be patient. He's certainly not gonna scam you!

If you go to his website, in the margins you'll read about some of the challenges he has, in addition to having a day job too.

If I was you, I would continue emailing him to remind him, but, rest, assured that he's not gonna scam you!

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,I had the same problem with David Weeks' plans..i ordered them in spring 2011 and i never received them...i manage to contact Glenn twice,in the early months,then nothing,no answer.

This is a serious problem for all customers,what's going on?

For me,we are planning something here in Italy for Expo 2015 and we absolutely need those plans...i'm wondering if there is another method to get them,or to be sure they arrive (i.e. fedex shipping)....

I ordered a Titan in August last year. Card was charged, and nearly two months, no kit. I called the number on my card statement and spoke with Glenn. he said he was waiting on decals for the kit, give him a couple of weeks. Well, here we are, early February, still nothing. If Glenn is not scamming, I don't know what to call it. Patience is one thing, but this length of time is ridiculous.

So I guess sending him an e-mail and asking if he wants to sponsor the NASA group build would be futile then? :whistle:

It's a shame to see this happen, he has some great items. Though I noticed the quality seemed to be slipping as well. I'd ordered the 1/32 scale Apollo CSM hatch a while back and it was pretty much just a blob of unrecognizable resin. I ended up scratch building it since it was so unusable.

I ordered a Titan in August last year. Card was charged, and nearly two months, no kit. I called the number on my card statement and spoke with Glenn. he said he was waiting on decals for the kit, give him a couple of weeks. Well, here we are, early February, still nothing. If Glenn is not scamming, I don't know what to call it. Patience is one thing, but this length of time is ridiculous.

I'm totally agree with you... for me i will look around to find someone who managed to get the drawings and see if i can get a copy of them,because i suppose another attempt at real space models website would only be another waste of money.

if you want the 1/96 battered engine i can make you a resin copy of the ones i made for me,when i'll have some spare time.

I got the real space models too,but two of them where poor made,so...in the end i'll still use them on my saturn v,after i covered them with kitchen aluminium foil and remade all the rivet pattern on them....but i also made one from scratch using one of the kit's engines as a start point.

Let me know in any case :sunrevolves:

I ordered his Batted F-1s (1/72 scale) and when he released his new 1/144 Delta EFT kit earlier this month, I ordered that & got him to combined the shipping which I received today in the mail. I have ordered a lot of his kits over the years & Glenn has always shipped my orders to me. They may have taken 1-3 months to arrive after ordering but he always delivered. Glenn is a one man operation & he has a real day time job & a family so delays can be expected so be patient. He is an OK guy in my book.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

I believe all modelers here understand very well that Glenn has a job,family and other things to do like all of us,no one can complain about this.

The problem is,like in my case,when you pay and never receive what you wanted,you can't say that it's because he has things to do in real life that after 3 years i never received what i ordered and paid for,it's for cases like mine that we are complaining.

I believe you when you say he's a good person,but he should pay more attention when problems like this arises,i tried to contact him several times,by he answered me only one time,saying that my order resulted shipped and he would have sent another copy of the plans.

This happened in late 2011,we are in 2014 now.

Last year in November i wrote him and tell him i still want all the plans and that i would pay again the entire amount,even adding a charge for tracked shipping,but nothing,no answer.

I don't want to think bad but...i really don't know what to say man.

If Glenn is such an OK guy, then he needs to change his site from telling us to wait 6 - 8 weeks for the product and wait several months until he gets around to it. I waited the 8 weeks to call him which I would still have right at 60 days to dispute the charge on my credit card. The man said he would ship it out that week without the decals and then send me the decals. Well, I took the man at his word and didn't dispute the charge. Here I am, another 3 months later and no kit and out the money. Bo105 guy, if you think he is such a stand-up guy and can communicate with him, you need to tell him what is going on here and the ill- will he has generated. If he is such a stand-up guy, he needs to make things right immediately. I had plans to order nearly all of his 1/72 kits, but not now. And all we know about are those who have posted here. How many other people is he scamming that we don't know about?

Edited by famvburg

If Glenn is such an OK guy, then he needs to change his site from telling us to wait 6 - 8 weeks for the product and wait several months until he gets around to it. I waited the 8 weeks to call him which I would still have right at 60 days to dispute the charge on my credit card. The man said he would ship it out that week without the decals and then send me the decals. Well, I took the man at his word and didn't dispute the charge. Here I am, another 3 months later and no kit and out the money. Bo105 guy, if you think he is such a stand-up guy and can communicate with him, you need to tell him what is going on here and the ill- will he has generated. If he is such a stand-up guy, he needs to make things right immediately. I had plans to order nearly all of his 1/72 kits, but not now. And all we know about are those who have posted here. How many other people is he scamming that we don't know about?

Well I certainly do not know what the problem is but I did send Glenn an e-mail along with a link to this thread for him to review. Hopefully he will respond to all who have a problem and have a solution. I have never met Glenn & had only spoke to him once on the phone (years & years ago)but have had occassional e-mail contact with him. Like I said, I have always received what I ordered from him & if there was a problem with a kit, he always fixed it. I am sorry that some of you have not had the same kind of experience with Glenn like I have had. If I get a reply, I will let you know.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

I am distressed to read about these problems people have reported having with me and my company. My deepest apologies to anyone who has not gotten their orders. There are indeed some issues that continue to delay some products such as the 1/72 Gemini Titan for which I still don't have decals. In the case of drawing orders, I have had some issues with those going missing or being returned to me after many months. The reasons for the returns is not always clear.

Some of the people who have posted here I am aware of, and have fixed their orders already. For the others, please contact me at realspacemodels@gmail.com and tell me what you are missing. I will put your order at the top of my priorities to make sure you get what you ordered. I can't tell who everyone is by their user names here, so be sure to email me off list and say you are one of the folks on the forum.

Glenn Johnson

RealSpace Models

I am distressed to read about these problems people have reported having with me and my company. My deepest apologies to anyone who has not gotten their orders. There are indeed some issues that continue to delay some products such as the 1/72 Gemini Titan for which I still don't have decals. In the case of drawing orders, I have had some issues with those going missing or being returned to me after many months. The reasons for the returns is not always clear.

Some of the people who have posted here I am aware of, and have fixed their orders already. For the others, please contact me at realspacemodels@gmail.com and tell me what you are missing. I will put your order at the top of my priorities to make sure you get what you ordered. I can't tell who everyone is by their user names here, so be sure to email me off list and say you are one of the folks on the forum.

Glenn Johnson

RealSpace Models

Hey Glenn,

I've purchased from you quite a few times in the past. You've always been great. Your response on this forum is just another example of what a classy guy you are. I'm positive that you will always stand by your customers and these outstanding issues will be resolved. Realspace Models fills a wide void in our hobby and I find your products to be top quality and very important to the enjoyment of my favorite pastime - real spacecraft modelling. Thanks and I look forward to being your customer again. I still looking for a resin interior to my 1/24 Gemini. Hint, hint...

Hey Glenn,

I've purchased from you quite a few times in the past. You've always been great. Your response on this forum is just another example of what a classy guy you are. I'm positive that you will always stand by your customers and these outstanding issues will be resolved. Realspace Models fills a wide void in our hobby and I find your products to be top quality and very important to the enjoyment of my favorite pastime - real spacecraft modelling. Thanks and I look forward to being your customer again. I still looking for a resin interior to my 1/24 Gemini. Hint, hint...

I agree with you Randy 100%, Glenn's reponse here will show that he cares about customer service and like you I to think he is a classy guy. I have always had excellent transaction experiences with Glenn and always look forward to being a customer again.

I am a satisfied RealSpace Models Customer!

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

I wrote an e-mail to Glenn for my problem,on his request i gave him my address for shipping and now i'm waiting his final response with shipping code as a confirmation.

It is very appreciated that he came here on this forum to explain the problems some of us experienced with his services.

I hope to be again one of his customers in the future.