I will keep you posted on the situation fellows :)/>/>

GumDrop86 guy,

I'm glad to see that you & Glenn are in contact about your order problem, I know he will make it right. Yes, indeed let us know how it turns out.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

After 8 and half months of waiting, my order finally arrived.

I do not mind waiting but months without information are not acceptable.

Glenn, you have so much nice stuff I want to buy, but I need better communication.

Got a problem, wait to take charge and communicate it to the buyer.

Jan

Excuse my Swedish-English

I guess you have to make noise on a forum. My plans order dates back to last August, and has twice been promised to ship 'this week'. No response for almost three weeks now. I'm sure his stuff is nice, but I freekin' can't tell.

Gary

I ordered the Gemini detail set last year and it took a while to arrive but it did arrive. Around this time last year and I had done business with RSM before too and found the service slow but acceptable.

I will keep an eye out here as it looks like perhaps things are not working all that well lately. I hope things turn around as they have a few items I would like to get....

Zach

I have been "patiently waiting", since I have no choice, just to see if he was going to contact me after I posted my complaint. IMHO, a "stand-up guy" like Glen would take the initiative to contact ME, a dissatisfied customer. So far, nothing.

If I was you, I would give his email, the address he provided in his response, a try about 2 more times. Then lower the boom.

I will assume he is dutifully filling the orders from the customers that have contacted him and there may be quite a few. And he just doesn't have the time to contact all his old customers on the assumption their orders weren't attended to. And the email he provided is different from the website's email. That may factor in to these delays.

And, admittedly, I am a little prejudiced because he's always been good to his word with me.

Contact him ... and let us know what happens.

Thanx alot

Pete

"Lower the boom"? Exactly how? I won't rant about his poor service any more than I have. I figure I contacted him once already, months ago, by phone. He lied. Yes, I said it, he lied to me. As an owner and operator of two businesses myself, the catch, IMHO, is that he has, and has had for 6 months or so, my money. He is therefore obligated to me. Now, if he had said something like, "I am really slow, I'll send it when I have time and then you can pay me after you get it.", that is a whole different game. He needs to credit back my Visa, or better yet, send me money with 6 months' interest. If you are unable to operate a business properly, it's time to get out.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you have to make noise on a forum. My plans order dates back to last August, and has twice been promised to ship 'this week'. No response for almost three weeks now. I'm sure his stuff is nice, but I freekin' can't tell.

Gary

Happy ending, last week I did get the drawings I ordered, and I notice some others have too; so maybe Glenn is getting caught up.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,yesterday i received the drawings...it's a big result,thanks to this forum i managed to get what i ordered 3 years ago.

I will send an e-mail to Glenn to inform him,a part from this...i suggest him to rely on more serious people when it comes to rely on third party suppliers for some of the stuff he sell,i believe most of the problems comes from that.

I am glad that people seem to be getting their items. I ordered the Apollo 15 SIM bay from him last month before I saw this tread, if I saw this, I do not think I would have ordered it. I did email Glenn, using he email address he posted here, last week about the order and have not heard back from him. It has been over a week. I understand this is not his full time job, and he has a job, life, and family; but I wish he would have emailed back about my order.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,anyone knows if things are better now for orders on Real space models? Thanks to this forum i finally got my saturn v drawings but i would also need all Mercury drawing and a set of decals for the monogram shuttle...the point is,will it work well now?

Hey guys,anyone knows if things are better now for orders on Real space models? Thanks to this forum i finally got my saturn v drawings but i would also need all Mercury drawing and a set of decals for the monogram shuttle...the point is,will it work well now?

I ordered Saturn V drawings on May 1 and have not received them yet, but no worries. I know it takes awhile and I'm not in a big hurry to get them.

Just saw this thread and some of the complains. It's not good business to keep customers waiting long. I too like to order some stuff from RSM but I'll wait to see how well the customer service improves before I place my order.

• 7 years later...

I received my original order of the 1/48 Apollo CSM in April 2022. The Command Module looked like it was cast by a 6th grade art class. Here is the string of emails with the owner. My final resolution was to to spend $150 on a replacement Command Module from a well-known 3D Printer. 

Buyer beware.

Me - 4/7/2022

"Hello:

I received this order. There are a number of serious surface imperfections on the Command Module. Many of the pitch/yaw/roll rcs engines are completely missing the raised details. A section of the the docking probe has pretty much disintegrated, apparently from a poor mold pour.

How do I arrange to get replacements for these items?

Thank you."

Real Space Models - 4/7/2022

"Sorry for the problem. I will send you a replacements."

Me - 4/7/2022

"Thank you."

Me - 4/20/22

"Am I supposed to return the bad parts before replacements are sent? If so, where do I send them?"

Real Space Models - 4/20/2022

"Sorry for the delay, we are in the middle of a move and things are un-organized at the moment. I will try to get you the new parts as soon as possible."

Me - 6/13/2022

"What is the status of this?"

Real Space Models - 6/16/2022

"I'm going to make a new mold for the CM shell and you'll get the first casting. 

I apologize for the delay."

Me - 1/23/2023

"What is the status of this? It's been 9 months since this issue started. Are you still in business?"

Real Space Models - 1/24/2023

"I sent this to you quite some time ago. I'm sorry to hear that you have not received it. I will send another to you."

-------------------------------

Conclusion - If you can't deliver what you advertise, and cover that up by jerking your customers around, YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS.