Missile Markings

Gents:

Here are three (3) new sheets for the New Year that are different than the rest. Got tired of trying to cut and paste decals for the weapons in kits that did not have them so…. Here is what I came up with to solve the problem:

Sheet 72-068, Yipes Stripes. Markings for: AIM-4D, AIM-9B, D, E, G, H, J, L, M, and P. AIM-D and AIM-7E-2 (dogfight Sparrow). AIM-120A, B, or C and AGM-65B, D, G, and K. Note that there are alternate paint schemes for the Sidewinders

Sheet 72-069, Smoke in the Air. Contains markings for: AIM-7F and M. AGM-45, AGM-88, AGM-78, AGM-65E, F, and H, AIM-4F or G, AIM-9X, AIM-26A or B and AIM-54C. The instruction sheet includes artwork for alternate paint schemes for several of the missiles. The AIM-26 markings are for a resin and P.E. kit of this missile by Maestro Models.

Sheet 72-070, Feeling the Heat. Markings for: AGM-122A, AGM-114B, C, K, L, M, and N, BGM-71, Brimstone, AIR-2A, AIM-54A and finally ASM-135.

Most decals will work on the ordnance supplied in the aircraft kits. In some cases the bands will overlap more than others.

Where it made sense because the bands or other artwork was close together they were printed on the same piece of decal film. Where there is a lot of space between the bands separate pieces of decal film was used. On the Falcons and some of the Hellfires instead of bands there are strips that carry all the markings for one side of the missile.

The segmented bans will need to be cut at the edge of the color segments and fitted individually on the missile. In many cases you will need to trim the decal film to make the markings fit the small shapes that they are to be applied to. The film is a requirement of the printing process that I can’t eliminate.

The only markings that are designed for specific kits re those for the AIM-7F or M and the AIM-54A and C. These markings are for those missiles found in the Hasegawa Weapon Sets. The AGM-65 markings look best on the Hasegawa Weapons kit Maverick but will work on other manufacturers kits. The AGM-65 has a forward rail mounting bracket that spans the top of the missile. The fuse band (either black or yellow) covers all but this bracket on the missile. The Mavericks of most manufacturers don’t have the bracket on the model.

Enjoy, in a few weeks the decals will be available on the website.

The price per sheet is $8.50

Mark

Test72-068ColorInstructions.jpg

Test72-069ColorInstructions.jpg

Test72-070ColorInstructions.jpg

Edited by Mark S.
:jaw-dropping: Thankfully I do 1/48, else I'd have to think of doing something not exactly legal to get the dosh to buy those sheets. Have you by chance given thought to doing them in 48th :whistle: . If you do you'll have a license to print your choice of currency. For a change 48th scalers will be/ are envious of the "gentlemens scalers" :( . If you had added Skyflash markings for the AIM-7...WHOA NELLIE!!! Edited by #1 Greywolf

WhooWhoo, very much appreciated!

Will the Winder markings include the little stencils as well?

And yes, even though I'm a 72 scale guy, these markings will be sold rapidly in the other ones as well.

Regards

Scout

that might be a big seller, aren't the oop TB sets in 1/48 and 1/32 always in high demand?

Remember the Afterburner Weapons Markings sets......didn't even last a year, and now ya can't find'em, or at least I can't.

Gents:

Thanks for the kind words.

I chose to not include the stencils for the Sidewinders and such because of the very small size. The words would be nothing more than dots and dashes and the film would be such that it would be difficult to place on the missile and bend around to make it fit.

In reasearching this artwork I discovered a wide range of shapes for the AGM-114's in the various kits. The best I found are the Hellfires in the ESCI AH-64 kit. The AGM-114L and the Brimstone appear to me to have the same shape. The missile body tapers to a smaller diameter at the seeker head on all other Hellfire type missiles such as those in the Esci kit. Found Brimstones are made in resin by FreightDog. Here's a link:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FDR72017

Mark

Cool idea Mark! I'll be looking for the order button hot message for these. :thumbsup:

Let me know when you come out with GBU-12 markings in orange rather than the yellow Hasegawa and Academy are pushing. I'm looking at printing these for myself in the meantime...

Cool idea Mark! I'll be looking for the order button hot message for these. :thumbsup:/>

Let me know when you come out with GBU-12 markings in orange rather than the yellow Hasegawa and Academy are pushing. I'm looking at printing these for myself in the meantime...

This one I second!

And maybe also the white stenciling on for the concrete blue practice bomb bodies...

But back to the winders. Would it be possible to include the green/red markings next to the arming handle (at least for (CATM)AIM-9L/M, don´t know how it looks on the earlier versions).

Thanks!

Scout

But back to the winders. Would it be possible to include the green/red markings next to the arming handle (at least for (CATM)AIM-9L/M, don´t know how it looks on the earlier versions).

Thanks!

Scout

Scout,

Those weren't on the earlier versions, but if you look closely Mark has included the green and red Arm/Safe markings for the AIM-9L/M and the AIM-9X.

Deke

• 5 weeks later...