Revell 1/32 scale Bf 109 G-10 Erla Test Shot Build

Leo,

Thanks for posting that link. Herr Wiegmann's work is beautiful, but it looks like Revell-Germany's box art (and Wiegmann's camouflage choice for the tail) is "not quite" right.

It appears that Revell used Anders Hjortsberg's recent (Nov. 2013) portside profile, but he has subsequently modified it to reflect the much-more-likely Erla factory camo pattern for the tail, rather than the Mtt. Regensburg 'spots' of the boxart. "Research is ongoing," and his latest depiction can be found at his website: http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/JG52

The photos that this is based on showed up some time ago, and may be seen on Neil Page's site: http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2013/11/hartmanns-last-erla-built-bf-109-g-10.html

The Werknummer is intriguing; I'd love to learn that it's valid, and there IS a 'hole' in the 4914xx series that we have... We can dream of another photo surfacing, but I'm not holding my breath under all that water.

Looking forward to this one.

GRM

Can't wait for those Barracudacals decals coming out for this kit, they look awesome.

Pleasantly surprised to see Revell releasing a follow-on to their G-6 kit so soon.

Hopefully a "regular" G-10 or K-4 will be coming out next.

Hawe one G-10 on preorder Waiting Waiting,hopfully soon

Cheers

Boris

Waiting patiently for some aftermarket stuff to come out (both for this kit and the earlier G-6). Resin cockpit and some decals are supposed to be in the works but still no specific details....

Waiting patiently for some aftermarket stuff to come out (both for this kit and the earlier G-6). Resin cockpit and some decals are supposed to be in the works but still no specific details....

Hi, Eduard has some stuff for the Revell G6, undercarriage legs, wheels, exhaust stacks, engine set (including the armament and covers) and a cockpit, all listed as in stock. I hope they will do the same for the G10, I am still a bit disapointed that they didn't make a brassin engine for their fw-190s :)

Hi, Eduard has some stuff for the Revell G6, undercarriage legs, wheels, exhaust stacks, engine set (including the armament and covers) and a cockpit, all listed as in stock. I hope they will do the same for the G10, I am still a bit disapointed that they didn't make a brassin engine for their fw-190s :)/>

I know... however there is one manufacturer that makes some really, really nice (and relatively low-cost) resin that might just be working on some bits for this kit. I'm holding off starting my G-6 project in hopes that they will shortly have some stuff out.

Eduard is getting much too pricey for my tastes.

Hi guys

The Eduard aftermarket appears to be very nice from what I have seen and looking at the prices for various of their sets at Roll Models I honestly feel that they are not any more expensive then similar products. For example, the Eduard cockpit set is available for $37.50, the bronze undercarriage legs for $17.25, the exhausts for $7.50 and the main wheels for $11.25. By comparison, the MDC cockpit for the Hasegawa kit is $38.25 at Ultracast (Roll Models does not appear to carry MDC), the G-Factor metal landing gear for the Hasegawa kit is available at Roll Models for $16.75, the Quickboost exhausts for the Hasegawa kit for $7.25 and the Barracuda main wheels for the Hasegawa/Revell/Trumpeter kits for $8.95. I will say that honestly I feel that when I get the Revell kit I will only buy that aftermarket that corrects errors that the kit has and not those that add detail as I feel that the kit is already sufficiently detailed out of the box. For example, the main wheels are excellent as is and the cockpit is sufficiently detailed as well although of course nothing to match the Eduard set. The Ally Cat set is the best value for money resin set that I have seen so far for this kit in my opinion.

Horrido!

Leo

Hi guys

The Eduard aftermarket appears to be very nice from what I have seen and looking at the prices for various of their sets at Roll Models I honestly feel that they are not any more expensive then similar products. For example, the Eduard cockpit set is available for $37.50, the bronze undercarriage legs for $17.25, the exhausts for $7.50 and the main wheels for $11.25. By comparison, the MDC cockpit for the Hasegawa kit is $38.25 at Ultracast (Roll Models does not appear to carry MDC), the G-Factor metal landing gear for the Hasegawa kit is available at Roll Models for $16.75, the Quickboost exhausts for the Hasegawa kit for $7.25 and the Barracuda main wheels for the Hasegawa/Revell/Trumpeter kits for $8.95. I will say that honestly I feel that when I get the Revell kit I will only buy that aftermarket that corrects errors that the kit has and not those that add detail as I feel that the kit is already sufficiently detailed out of the box. For example, the main wheels are excellent as is and the cockpit is sufficiently detailed as well although of course nothing to match the Eduard set. The Ally Cat set is the best value for money resin set that I have seen so far for this kit in my opinion.

Horrido!

Leo

another fine post from Leo! Now if we could just talk Zvezda into doing a 1/32 BF109f4 to complete our quest for big 109's

gary

Exactly how? The Hasegawa Bf109F is absolutely gorgeous. Can you give us some specifics of what's so egregiously wrong with it, instead of just tossing a grenade on it and running off? If you have any you don't want, I'll PM you my address and you can send them to me.

Edited by Jennings

Hi guys

I do not think that there is anything terribly wrong with the Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 F-series but considering that the Zvezda kits in 1/48 are frequently described as being the best Bf 109 kits available in any scale it is understandable that many hope that they will eventually scale up these. I have heard that they are working on the G-series in 1/48 but unfortunately nothing about any 1/32 scale plans. In fact, I am not even aware they have released anything in 1/32 scale. Have they?

Horrido!

Leo

On Zvezda's "Russian Facebook" page they had a thread where people could state what they would wish to see zvezda make in future. They did say that they wont do any jets in 1/48 and big scales, so i think in general, they are staying away from big scales.

On Zvezda's "Russian Facebook" page they had a thread where people could state what they would wish to see zvezda make in future. They did say that they wont do any jets in 1/48 and big scales, so i think in general, they are staying away from big scales.

but one can only hope for one.

gary

Some initial feedback from a guy over on HS:

Critics of the G-6/14 kit will be slightly mollified by the inclusion of full fuselage halves for the Erla bird; there is no separate forward fuselage panel to hang on a frame, which makes the assembly sequence that much less daunting. The oil cooler bath also shows a great deal more finesse than that in the G-6, with softer contours and rivet details, and it captures the characteristic shape of the Erla oil cooler bath quite well. The team had the opportunity to study an actual unrestored Erla cowling assembly preserved since WW2, and this helped greatly in capturing those distinctive curves. I've already snipped the fuselage halves and forward cowl piece off to test fit them, and the odd, asymmetric shape of the Erla cowling is captured quite well. The initial test fit suggests it will go together extremely well, and I'm actually pretty excited about this- I've wanted to build an Erla G-10 for years but haven't done so, and now here it is.

Kit markings are for Erich Hartmann's last aircraft (including a WNr, which I am curious about- I hadn't heard his last kite was actually identified, I'll have to ping Andreas B about that) and "yellow 7" of JG 300, found at Prague-Kbely after the war. Roy Sutherland has a sheet full of fantastic Erla options just about ready to print though, so save me one Roy!

EDIT: Just found one aggravation: the split line for the upper cowling runs right through the CWSD (Cold Weather Start Device) hatch, that's gonna be "fun" to fix. There are some small sink marks in some of the bigger pieces too, suggesting these were pulled quickly from the molds- later kits may not have these abnormalities, they won't be difficult to smooth out but it's something to look out for.

Lynn

Sounds like this kit will be a winner with very few issues as compared to their earlier G-6.

H guys

Brett Green has posted a review of this kit over at Hyperscale: http://hyperscale.com/2014/reviews/kits/revell04888reviewbg_1.htm. Seems quite nice and finally the wait is over for those wanting a 1/32 scale Erla Bf 109 G-10.

Horrido!

Leo

Your link doesn't work but this one should http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/reviews/kits/revell04888reviewbg_1.htm

Take a look at thumbnail 15, its the last pic on the number 3 thumbnail panel. Looks like the spread of the gun troughs has been redone for the better. There also looks like there may be 2 different air intakes. Bad thimg the same elevators are still used .

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

H guys

Brett Green has posted a review of this kit over at Hyperscale: http://hyperscale.com/2014/reviews/kits/revell04888reviewbg_1.htm. Seems quite nice and finally the wait is over for those wanting a 1/32 scale Erla Bf 109 G-10.

Horrido!

Leo

I never pay much attention to any review he puts out, as I've been burnt more times than I came out ahead. That plus he seems to have something against anybody but Tamiya / Hasegawa.

gary

I never pay much attention to any review he puts out, as I've been burnt more times than I came out ahead. That plus he seems to have something against anybody but Tamiya / Hasegawa.

gary

Agreed, I stopped even going to that site for the exact same reason.