Help needed. Windscreen on Academy Hornet

Hi everybody,

I'mhttp:// facing the following problem with the front windscreen of the academy 1/32 hornet. Any advice how to solve this? Please keep in mind that I like to use the Eduard PE for the frame so fixing it on one side and then press it on the other side, isn't really an option I'm afraid. Hope you can help!

Cheers!

Laurens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v2wrmtq94tuo8n/IMAG0369.jpg

Edited by LST01

Hi Laurens,

I recall reading another post here on ARC where a modeler had a similar situation. I believe what he did was to put a brace of some sort across the back of the canopy to push it out to the correct width (or slightly more) and dip it in very hot (boiling?) water and let it cool. If I tried that I would put it in hot water first (to "soften the plastic) and slip the brace in and dip it in the very hot water. I can't recall who the modeler was, maybe he'll chime in to help you.

Bear in mind that this is a risky venture, clear plastic being brittle as it is.

HTH

Bob

Be careful when flexing the part. Clear parts often "shatter" with many micro-fractures if they are stressed. I would put the part in boiling water first for a minute, add the wedge, then do it again.

BTW, I've built 2 of those models and never had the same issue. Did you swell the fuselage with an aftermarket resin cockpit? I'm not pointing fingers because I did the same to my F-4E build- and the fix was challenging!

Edited by chuck540z3