Eduard Mig-21MF

Almost done with the Eduard Mig-21MF ProfiPack model kit. This is a great kit and I've seen some fantastic builds… although I managed to create my own problems…

The ejection seat is from Quickboost, since I'm not overly confident with photo-etch. The pitot tube is from Air Master and is awesome! Although, I did have issues with aligning the vanes. Lastly, I used Eduard's Brassin wheels. They are an improvement over the injected wheels However, when using a fine saw to cut a resin piece from its casting block for the front wheel, I cracked the piece in half. So, the front tire is from the kit. I used Tamiya and Vallejo paints for the cockpit and Mr. Color for the exterior, with both pre-shading and post-shading. In my excitement to glue the wings together, I forgot to put in the landing lights. I'm going to try and install them from the outside. Also, I still need to attach some final photo-etch pieces to the exterior. I wanted to get some pictures with sun light coming in rather than completely finish and take pics later tonight. Lastly, I love that Eduard includes masks in these kits. Saves me a job that I don't enjoy. I've had the kit about 90% done for the last month and lost my modeling mojo. So, I finally pushed through after Christmas. Anyway, onto the pictures…

Mig-21MF1_zps626b3d36.jpg

Mig-21MF2_zps5d042de9.jpg

Mig-21MF3_zps53fd1e46.jpg

Mig-21MF4_zps0111c2b6.jpg

Mig-21MF5_zpsd0336f0f.jpg

Mig-21MF6_zps74118341.jpg

Mig-21MF7_zps811fdfbe.jpg

Mig-21MF8_zpsbd14e0f1.jpg

Mig-21MF21_zps4ab8bfc9.jpg

Mig-21MF20_zpsbeaefd4a.jpg

Rodney

Very nice! Love the paint job!

What color did you use for the cockpit?

Alex

Thanks Alex. I used Drewe's mix of Tamiya X-14 with some XF-3. I started with the blue and kept adding a little yellow until I got a color that looked to match the pre-painted photo-etch color. Here is a link to Drewe's page: LINK

Rodney

Thank you all. To be honest, this scheme intimidated me since it has three colors and one is white. But when I asked my wife which scheme she liked, this was it. She thought the 2-tone grey one I liked was boring. I used the blue tac method to paint it but ended up doing quite a bit of touching up. Not completely happy but looks good in the display case. I have 6 more Eduard Mig-21s in the stash, so I'll be getting plenty of practice…

Rodney

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, lovely paint job in particular. :thumbsup:/> Now what are you going to do with all the weapons left over from the kit? :D

Edited by MikeC

Congrats mate :jaw-dropping:/>

I have the Bis from Eduard but can't decide what cammo I like :bandhead2:/>

Thanks. There are some great choices. I got the Afterburner decal sheets and really can't decide…

Rodney

• 2 weeks later...