Hey Guys,

New here but been posting on LargeScalePlanes for a little. Here are my 2 builds of last year, both had their own inherent challenges.

Really happy with both of the results, I love adding the context of a Diorama. I think it just adds an extra amount of realism.

Trumpeter F-14B Tomcat

Kit decals, Wolfpack cockpit, Eduard externals, scratched hydraulic brake lines, etc..

Pilot is Verlinden TopGun, and Tractor is also Verlinden.

IMG_8727.JPG

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8761.JPG

IMG_8770.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

HobbyBoss 1/32 Spitfire MKVB

Hobby Boss Mk Vb, RB Barrels and Barracuda Resin update in the cockpit, Masterbox Pilots and dog.

I've changed the pitch on the rear stabilisers and also changed the crowbar to steel color to be more realistic and period correct.

IMG_0004_2.JPG

IMG_0006_1.JPG

IMG_0014_1.jpg

Edited by RJS

Very nice models. Great job on both. I want to build that Hobby Boss MKVB. Up until now the only game in town has been the old Hasegawa kit. Nice work.

Thanks!

The kit build up pretty nice OOB. I added the RB Barrels as the kit ones were pretty weak and just didn't look right. Like Trumpeter kits lots of details in weird areas that get closed up. Engine is nice, but not realistic enough to open up in my opinion without some scratch building. Overall enjoyable build, I'd do one again.

Really great work on both models! The ground work in the Spitfire diorama is especially noteworthy. How long did the F14 build take?

Ernest

Cheers Ernest. :)

The F-14 took about 6 months. I used the Wolfpack Cockpit which was quite a pain to fit correctly. The resin had warped quite a bit, so there was loads of dry-fitting to get the correct fit, and even then I didn't get it quite right. Also the Eduard exterior kit was good, but Eduard would have you just place some of vents and slime lights directly over the top of the existing. This didn't look right, so I had to remove and refit, which was fiddly. Also the Trumpy kit has EVERYTHING open or closed. It's nuts. So I had to close up a lot of the panels, and the fit of the covers was pretty ordinary. All in all a nice kit to build and the end result is a nice looking Tomcat.

The long working time on the F14 was worth it in my eyes as it is strikingly beautiful!

Cheers,

Ernest

Cheers Ernest. :)/>

The F-14 took about 6 months. I used the Wolfpack Cockpit which was quite a pain to fit correctly. The resin had warped quite a bit, so there was loads of dry-fitting to get the correct fit, and even then I didn't get it quite right. Also the Eduard exterior kit was good, but Eduard would have you just place some of vents and slime lights directly over the top of the existing. This didn't look right, so I had to remove and refit, which was fiddly. Also the Trumpy kit has EVERYTHING open or closed. It's nuts. So I had to close up a lot of the panels, and the fit of the covers was pretty ordinary. All in all a nice kit to build and the end result is a nice looking Tomcat.

That 14 is very hot indeed. Just the right amount of shading for my taste. Excellent! I get your meaning about some of these kits having so many open panels. It makes it more difficult than necessary for the guy like me that builds planes in their flight configuration.

Those are beautiful dios! Excellent weathering! And that tractor looks so real.

Cheers! I found that the VP tractor went together well, although the instructions could do with a little bit more. Actually, any instructions would be better than the two photos of the completed subject that were included.

Looking at the Tomcat pilot, I can picture him saying "Where the hell is my R.I.O.?!?! Yes your work is incredible!!!

Thanks! I do love how everyone who looks at a diorama has their own interpretation of what is happening.

• 3 weeks later...