Tamiya 1/48 P47 D

A word of advice, if I may. The fuselage area under the canopy is Olive Drab, same as the anti-glare panels. Inside the gear wells, inside of gear doors, etc are Yellow Zinc Chromate, not Interior Green. (If you're already privy to this info, you've got a leg up on a great many folks who do a wonderful job on their Thunderbolts, but slip up on these items. I see one or two a week, real shame when the rest of the model is in the superb range. Hal Sr

Edited by Hal Marshman Sr

A word of advice, if I may. The fuselage area under the canopy is Olive Drab, same as the anti-glare panels. Inside the gear wells, inside of gear doors, etc are Yellow Zinc Chromate, not Interior Green. (If you're already privy to this info, you've got a leg up on a great many folks who do a wonderful job on their Thunderbolts, but slip up on these items. I see one or two a week, real shame when the rest of the model is in the superb range. Hal Sr

Thanks for that info Hal, I have tried to find some reference to what you say in order to determine how far down the OD should go, do you have any reference for me please? Thanks and cheers Geoff

This should be a great build to watch. I have this kit in the stash and will get done some day in a bmf scheme.

I knew about the zinc chromate gear wells, did not know about the OD green under the canopy however. I must make a note of that, got the same kit in my stash that will have a similar paint scheme. Thanks Hal.

• 1 month later...

What is this riveting...thing? Never seen this before....

It's a new thing from ANOTHER Czech company - will be my first time. It applies almost like a decal but it has an additional carrier that gets peeled off after about 2 hours drying time and leaves the raised rivet detail. Iv heard good things about it so i'll give it a twirl.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry guys but I got seriously way laid on this one. Also apologies for the lost images, but I did a simple name change on PB and then realised the full impact of that!!!!! Anyway I completed this last week so i'm putting it here as well just to show I did finish it....

IMG_0262_zps53936970.jpg

IMG_0264_zpse4ddef31.jpg

IMG_0261_zps82c08e7e.jpg

IMG_0260_zps1208cea4.jpg

IMG_0256_zpsaab86349.jpg

IMG_0263_zps82ce7a83.jpg