Ahhh that's why I can't see it on the pics of the 98-0004 and 98-0005 in f-16.net site. So we have just to lay on a thin sheet of plastic over the base of the stab and glue on with liquid cement. Sounds not difficult!

So we have just to lay on a thin sheet of plastic over the base of the stab and glue on with liquid cement. Sounds not difficult!

That's basically it. Add a bunch of fasteners around the perimeter of the plate and you're set.

Nobody who really knows this scheme's future is talking, Niels. I suspect a large part of the uncertainty is related to the budget issues. Keep in mind that this first appeared three years ago. There has been a steady supply of jets leaving depot and Sioux City in the standard two-tone paint since then. Even the squadron commanders that I've asked don't know. Personally, I hope this new scheme is adopted, but right now it's anyone's guess.

Looking good regardless :)

A suggestion for the 169FW Vipers when the finally make print; do the current markings, but in FS36270. The odds are good that this is what the final markings will be ;)

And if not, it will make one helluva whif :D

A buddy in the 169th sent me some pics of their dark gray jets--finally in full squadron markings. I'll get it done really soon, and put it on the 32nd and 72nd sheets.

Jake

A buddy in the 169th sent me some pics of their dark gray jets--finally in full squadron markings. I'll get it done really soon, and put it on the 32nd and 72nd sheets.

Jake

So you're saying I should switch my in-progress Academy viper from a Block 50 to a Block 52 eh?

Aaron

WHAT! No 1/48 love?

Bet you didn't see that one coming :D/>

No, I meant in addition to 48th. I'll find a way to get it on a 48th sheet very soon.

Don't want to disturb your busy 1/72-32-shotmedead discussion...but are there some close shots from the BLOSS mod on the vertical stab?

Jake mentioned some "fasteners", just like to see where and what size and form they have. (I just checked the "modern Viper Guide", but I think BLOSS is too new to be found in that fantastic book! )

(I just checked the "modern Viper Guide", but I think BLOSS is too new to be found in that fantastic book! )

Unfortunately, it is too new. It will be in The Modern Super Viper Guide, though, which covers the Block 40 through 60.

• 2 months later...

Looks like a few more examples of the new scheme are starting to show up at Duluth. I noted 91-336 and 91-410 are now sporting the new colors and some previous publicity photos showed 91-336 still in the old version as of last Nov. shortly after the first "scheme test" Viper returned from Afghanistan. So it appears the new scheme is slowly creeping into the ranks.

http://www.148fw.ang.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/2014%5C06%5C140527-Z-LZ222-089.jpg

http://www.148fw.ang.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/2014%5C05%5C140527-Z-LZ222-097.jpg

http://www.148fw.ang.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/2014%5C05%5C140527-Z-LZ222-053.jpg