Hasegawa 1/32 Scale BF2C-1 Re-issue

Hi Guys

I have seen that Hasegawa will soon be re-issuing its 1/32 scale BF2C-1 Goshawk. I do not know much about this kit except that it is of 1970's vintage. I would really like to have a available a 1/32 scale Hawk III export version such as used by China during the Second Sino-Japanese War and I see that Mike West of Lone Star Models has just released a resin conversion set (LSM 30537) based on this kit to enable one to do this. Can any one tell me a bit more about this kit regarding accuracy and detail? Any comments on the quality of the sets issued by Lone Star Models? Many thanks.

Horrido!

Leo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

By all accounts it does seem to be quite nice for its age except for the very sparse cockpit typical of kits from that era. I did see that Mike West of Lone Star Models also offers a cockpit detail set for this kit so I went ahead and bought one while also ordering the Hawk III conversion set. I agree that despite being a nice kit and all the price is frankly quite exorbitant considering the age of this kit and that the new tool Dragon 1/32 scale Bf 109 E-3 that I plan to get simultaneously will cost about the same amount. At times like this I really wish that I had an eBay account but I have read of at least one occasion where some guy bought this particular kit off eBay and it arrived missing the fuselage. It is annoying to have to spend $40 for a 40 year old kit that you see going for $15 to $20 on eBay, though.

Horrido!

Leo