Paint Mixing Question

Guys/Gals

Have a question for you all on paint mixing. How do you all measure the differnet colors to come up with the color you need? I am not talking about 50/50, 75/25 and such. I am talikng about 60/35/5 mixture. I can do the other type but this one I am not sure how to measure it out. I know that if you are off on measurement by a hair you miss the color you need. Any help would be appreciated.

Also where do you all get your Mr. Color paints? I dont want to have to guess at using another brand of paint.

Edited by tosouthern66

I have never mixed colors in that manner but if I was to do so I'd use a graduated dropper or medicine cup. Start with where you want to end up. So if you are mixing 10cc of paint in a 60/35/5 ratio you would use 6cc of color A, 3.5cc of color B and .5cc of color C.

Someone else may have developed a better/simpler method. This approach seems logical to me.

Edited by sluggo2u

I'm lucky in that I have two local stores that carry Mr. Color paint. The best online source in the US is probably Sprue Brothers, although there are probably others. One of my local sources is Robot4less, a gundam model store. There are several Asian sources too.

It is also my understanding that GSI (the maker of the Mr. Color line) only imports to the US sporadically, so you may find that the US sources are out of a given color at times.

Edited by zeus60