Monogram B-25J Fuselage Question

I'm going to be building the Monogram B-25J solid nose version, but I have a question about the armor plating outside of the cockpit.

I have a marking sheet for the 345th BG. I noticed not only were the packet guns either removed or never present, but the pictures on the decal sheet are also void of the armor plating on the fuselage exterior. I see them in pictures of the G and H's but not on the J's. Am I seeing things? Did certain blocks of the J have the armor and some not.

I'm not sure I want to remove them from the model. I'm afraid I'll butcher the model before I even get to step 1 on the directions. The butchering usually occurs by the time I start painting.

Thanks,

The armor was definitely applied to the gun nose J model, even if the side gun-packs were removed. Whether the armor was removed from your particular aircraft, you'd have to have a picture of the aircraft you are modeling. But I doubt it.

Parrot_zpsd918c202.jpg

LadyLil8GunNose_zps4da45664.jpg

north-american-b-25j-mitchell-bomber-01_zps555d7650.png

Edited by bigjugs