40% off at Hobbly Lobby

If you google Hobby Lobby Coupon you will get a 40% off coupon to use on any one item ! This can be done once per day! The local Hobby Lobby here carries tons of great tools and kits , I just bought a 40$ B-29 Kit for 24$. Its on anything including some of their upper end airbrushes and compressors.

HUGE Thanks to my girlfriend who told me about this !

JYD

Yup, imagine how awesome this was back when Hobby Lobby carried 1/32 scale Tamiya and other really nice kits (got a Tamy 1/32 F-4J for like $15 there once but that's another story). You can still get some good buys, but I think the days of getting the great kits at 40% off are gone. Unless someone new takes over their procurement and starts getting better selections again.

Don't think of it just for kits though as it can come in VERY handy for other stuff. I got an Iwata NEO with it two years ago and recently used another one when the tip went out (a $18 part normally) and the discount came in handy. It is what it is. One just has to shop smarter with it is all.

Kits, not so much anymore. Supplies on the other hand - mine has 72 Vallejo options, loads of Tamiya tape and their tools, and other useful things like blades and twist bits. My first ever 40% was used on a pair of Hasegawa Georges that I was able to order (back when they did that). Cheers

Since Hobby Lobby has the 40% off coupon continually, I've been buying model building supplies there.

File set, sanding tools, airbrush accessories, paints, and of course even several model kits.

My next stop there will be for quality paintbrushes and more model paint; one bottle at a time!

HL has always had Coupons. Like it was stated use to be 50% off but it was less frequent, something like once a month. For about the last 2 years every week it's 40% off and it is every week...Coupon is good for one item only .

I have bought 2 Air Brushes and a LOT of supplies with mine. I also bought a few kits but since they went to the basic stuff not so many...

I email them a few times a year asking that they go back to Tamiya etc. but it has not helped. Maybe if more of us bomb them with emails they will go back to the higher end stuff...

Also know you can take your wife, Girlfriend , best friend ETC and literally use the coupon once per person per purchase. The same coupon is useable by multiple people on the same day so take a friend and load up on stuff. That's what I did, got a I-file touch glue set for about 8 bucks and some nice sand papers for about 4-5$ just by handing my phone to my friend and he can use the exact same coupon.

It is a fantastic way to save cash, I plane on getting some paint next and I'll take a few friends and get 40% of each bottle or can with the same coupon handed to my buddy in line right behind me !

Hobbylobby went from their 50% off any item in their weekly ad to 40% off more than 4 years ago. I know that I was printing out and using the 40% off for a while before my current job assignment and I will be where I am for 4 years in May. I am pretty sure it was at least a year prior to that. They use to have specials all over the store. 30% percent here, 40% there and sometimes 50% every now and then. But I haven't seen the weekly coupon move off the 40% off on one item in over two years.

When I go to the Hobby Lobby back home, I always have a pocket full of coupons printed out. I have never had any plans to use all that I have printed out so I will play Secret Santa or Good Samaritan and give them out to anybody I see in the store. Especially if I catch someone browsing the plastic model section. They make the coupon so easy to get, everybody that shops at Hobby Lobby ought to be able to get a discount on at least one item, everytime they go there. Cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen